Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten Garden release [RLZ]
11-30-2009, 02:40 PM,
RE: Forgotten Garden release [RLZ]
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
The OP has been updated, it's now possible to DL the official version! Smile

Does that mean you want to start another thread @ Bethsoft?
11-30-2009, 02:58 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke

Yes please, as discussed via PM.

It's the official release thread.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-30-2009, 03:19 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke

Yes please, as discussed via PM.

It's the official release thread.

OK I created a new thread @ Bethsoft forums here.
11-30-2009, 07:13 PM,
Thanks! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-03-2009, 08:03 PM,

Hi, not sure if this is the place to post but I can't find a forum for the Forgotten Garden.

First off congrats, the quests are working smoothly and the environment is really well made, looking forward to the full release of Silgrad now. The voice acting is also a nice touch I wasn't expecting, all of it being good (some geuinely professional sounding good, some so bad its funny good, no offence meant) Smile

Just have an slight problem with some of the trees in the Garden, all of them apart from really big ones have a messed up texture for the bark, it flicks from black to white to bark, but stops if you stand still. I thought it might be archiveinvalidated but i downloaded and ran the fix for it and its still happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks and good luck with the project Smile
12-03-2009, 08:31 PM,

Hi Sweet_Beatrice and Welcome to Silgrad Tower Smile

You did find the correct forum and we are very happy you enjoyed our mod Smile

As far as the mesh problem I am not sure. It has never been reported before and it works fine for me. I am also not well educated in models/meshes/textures so I would be limited anyway.

Stick around maybe one of the other members can do better.
12-04-2009, 06:43 AM,

Thank you and welcome to ST! Smile

Did you try to change the texture settings (game) to e.g. large?

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-05-2009, 04:40 PM,

There was a problem with one of the cave meshes, this has been fixed by Koniption! :goodjob:

Download the cave fix -=here=-.

The OP has been updated as well. :check:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM,
Mashalamat Cavern mesh patch problem
I'm stilll mid-way through the quest sequence, but FG is a fine mod indeed - I look forward to the full Silgrad Tower in the summer.

I also had the problem with falling through the cave floor, and the Data_KP_Cave_fix didn't fix it - until I tried archive invalidation: which seemed to work.

I resolved my problen by adding the line:
meshes/st/dungeons/moldcave/smallroom/singlepiece21.nif
to my
Oblivion\ArchiveInvalidation.txt

I'm pretty sure what happened was that the Silgrad_Tower_T.bsa somehow wound up with a later date than singlepiece21.nif so wasn't superceded. I suspect my dodgy knowledge of OBMM.

Anyway, I posted some of this to the tesnexus page as well. I suspect if I've managed to muck things up like this then someone else will have as well...!

I'm also seeing the black/white treebark thing Sweet_Beatrice mentioned.

Oh, and while I'm in boring old system tester mode, a website issue: if you go to http://www.silgrad.com and want the FG mod, both the links in Razorwing's 9th June post are now wrong: "BSG release thread" links to the Beta 2.5 thread and "Download" is broken (links to 2.7 by the look of it) - at the least it might be good to have a tesnexus link in the post.

Oh no - my first post on this forum has turned into a litany of complaints and that isn't what I meant at all! Brilliant mod everyone, really.

And is there a bug reports forum where I can whinge quietly in a corner, away from the bar?
Morcroft Darkes
01-05-2010, 01:03 PM,
RE: Mashalamat Cavern mesh patch problem
Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
I'm stilll mid-way through the quest sequence, but FG is a fine mod indeed - I look forward to the full Silgrad Tower in the summer.
Thank you! Smile

I also had the problem with falling through the cave floor, and the Data_KP_Cave_fix didn't fix it - until I tried archive invalidation: which seemed to work.

I resolved my problen by adding the line:
meshes/st/dungeons/moldcave/smallroom/singlepiece21.nif
to my
Oblivion\ArchiveInvalidation.txt

I'm pretty sure what happened was that the Silgrad_Tower_T.bsa somehow wound up with a later date than singlepiece21.nif so wasn't superceded. I suspect my dodgy knowledge of OBMM.

Anyway, I posted some of this to the tesnexus page as well. I suspect if I've managed to muck things up like this then someone else will have as well...!
The bsa was made on November 27th 2009 and 7 zipped to preserve the date (it contains the faulty mesh from June 27th 2009).

The mesh that Koniption fixed (singlepiece21.nif) was dated December 3th 2009 hence it should override the bsa. It was also zipped to preserve the date.

Zurke tested it on our end and it worked fine.

So I don't know what happened.

I'm also seeing the black/white treebark thing Sweet_Beatrice mentioned.
I'll add it to the fix list.
Did you try to change the texture settings (game menu) to e.g. large?

Oh, and while I'm in boring old system tester mode, a website issue: if you go to http://www.silgrad.com and want the FG mod, both the links in Razorwing's 9th June post are now wrong: "BSG release thread" links to the Beta 2.5 thread and "Download" is broken (links to 2.7 by the look of it) - at the least it might be good to have a tesnexus link in the post.
Thanks, we'll update the links asap.

Oh no - my first post on this forum has turned into a litany of complaints and that isn't what I meant at all! Brilliant mod everyone, really.

And is there a bug reports forum where I can whinge quietly in a corner, away from the bar?
Constructive criticism is always appreciated, just use this thread.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD