Poll: What should the name be of Gideon's house of ill repute?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Beckoning Temptress
0%
0 0%
The Beckoning Priestess
0%
0 0%
The Snake-Headed Goddess
0%
0 0%
Serpentine Emmanuelle
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Interiors: Ladies of Ill Repute!
04-17-2010, 07:06 PM,

Or The temple of plesure is waiting for you.
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
04-19-2010, 07:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
As for text, how's this: 'Wanted! YOU, right now. All warmbloods are welcome at the Serpentine Emmanuel!"?
What kind of font would you like it to be written in? I can either type it straight in, or paint it in the style of a font, but I'll need an idea of what you'd want. What about the same style as the Gray Fox posters (see here)?
04-19-2010, 08:29 PM,

That would be fine. I'd considered the 'KingThingsFoundation' font that was used by InsanitySorrow for his sign template but it's up to you, I guess. Just remember that Gideon is a dark and seedy place.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-23-2010, 07:04 PM,

Ok, I've downloaded the kingThings font, so that's good to go. However, I've got a question about the size of the poster.

The Grey Fox poster is tall and thin, so as to fit in with the power of 2 rule for texture sizes. Would you like this poster to be the same? It would likely want some illegible blurb at the bottom to take up some of the empty space.

Alternatively, we could have it at more standard proportions (e.g A4 paper), but I'd have to set up and alpha channel, which would effectively mean that some of the texture space would be wasted and would boost the file size a bit. I guess the extra space could be used by another texture (a decorative trim, or something to that effect).

What do you think would work best?
04-24-2010, 09:10 AM,

I'd just put the name, 'Serpentine Emmanuel', on the poster.

I'd be happy with the 'Grey Fox' default, personally.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
04-27-2010, 09:29 PM,

Apologies for my slow replies as of late, I've been back at work this last week, so time is fairly short. I'm happy to go with the Grey Fox dimensions, save me some hassle.

I'm making the paper texture from scratch and will send you that when it's done to use as you see fit (other posters etc.). The texture will be a bit ragged, and for the poster I'll dirty it up quite a lot to make it fit the scenery.

I was wondering if we had a logo for the Serpentine Emmanuel, or if I should design one for the poster, and also to be used for a sign or something similar? Also, I was looking up what Emmanuel meant, it seems to be a biblical reference to Christ - is that it, or have I missed something?
04-27-2010, 10:54 PM,

I rather suspect someone's been getting their gender spelling wrong. Try googling "Emmanuelle" and see where you get to....
Morcroft Darkes
04-28-2010, 05:22 PM,

Yes, that's quite right. Naturally, I'm not perfect with French name spellings. Can you make sure it has the double L please, nick_op? I don't want to get sleaze and religion mismatched...we might have some scary god-botherers attacking us!

I altered the spelling to the correct one in the poll above.

Your own logo would be good. In fact, if it were to be created in some clearly serpentine design then it could negate the need to add scales to the figure.
04-28-2010, 06:34 PM,

Emanuel (or Emanu-El) is from the Hebrew, and means "God is with us". Emmanuelle is the female version.
04-28-2010, 06:52 PM,

Cheers for the clarification, Xae.

Just in case anyone is interested, this interior claim is up here: BWRI0303 "Gideon: Serpentine Emmanuel" . I'm surprised no one has taken it yet. However, we will need scripts for the 'horizontal pleasure activities' (although perhaps anims are taking things a little too far...?) and maybe some special clothing for them. Nick_op's posters can be distributed both inside and out, but in the slum district especially.