Poll: What should the name be of Gideon's house of ill repute?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Beckoning Temptress
0%
0 0%
The Beckoning Priestess
0%
0 0%
The Snake-Headed Goddess
0%
0 0%
Serpentine Emmanuelle
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Interiors: Ladies of Ill Repute!
04-30-2010, 10:10 PM,

Hi folks, just a quick update. I've been working on a paper texture recently, so I'd like some feedback on that.

I've also spent ages fixing a problem with transparency that occurred due to the way I painted the figure. Next time I do any painting I'll make sure to have a solid base and not rely on transparent parts of the image being filled by colour from another layer.

I've attached the latest image. Any feedback would be great! I've dirtied it a little, if you'd like it done more so then please don't hesitate to ask.

Nick

Edit: Looking at it, I guess the figure wants to blend more with the paper texture.

Edit 2: Made a few quick change and attached the new version.
04-30-2010, 10:31 PM,

It looks fine to me. But yeah, maybe some smudges on the lady, as if she's been fingered from clientelle admirers.....did I really just say that?? :eek:

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
04-30-2010, 10:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
It looks fine to me. But yeah, maybe some smudges on the lady, as if she's been fingered from clientelle admirers.....did I really just say that?? :eek:

Koniption
Haha, good idea! Though I'm not sure how best to go about that. I'm sure I'll think of something though. I've just attached another version to my previous post, if you have a chance let me know if you think I'm heading in the right direction.
04-30-2010, 10:47 PM,

Yeah, I like the second picture better - the one where the lady blends into the paper more and where she is darker in color a little bit.

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
04-30-2010, 11:00 PM,

Agreed. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-06-2010, 12:50 PM,

Okay, so nick_op sent me the latest version of his poster. He's been a little busy so didn't manage to totally finish it as he'd have liked. I added a few details and gave it Gideon borders (mainly because I'd have had to stretch the pic otherwise and therefore make the model very fat!) but this is what it now looks like. I'm going to be placing a few more items in the worldspace and generally improving the look of the cities. Hopefully, with some more city signs and more AIs (another task ahead of me) then our settlements are going to look a lot more 'lived in'.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-06-2010, 04:37 PM,

Nice piece of work from nick_op, I must admit. I wish I had 2D skills like that.

KP
07-21-2010, 10:53 PM,

Nice to see that something's been done with it. A couple of suggestions/notes if I may:

1. It was originally designed to fit on the Gray Fox poster model, if I recall correctly, so if you wanted an alternative to having the borders it might be worth giving that a go.

2. Perhaps the text at the bottom might be more easily read if it had a similar effect to the text at the top?

@ KP

I wish my 2D art skills were consistently that good. I imagine if you flipped the image a fair amount of it would look out of proportion. Still, there's only so many hours in a day, music takes priority. Smile
07-22-2010, 12:53 AM,

I think that now the posters are up around Gideon and elsewhere, I'm quite happy with them as they are. The border suits the rest of the city's decor in places and, although I haven't properly checked, the writing seems fine. I don't mind the PC having to go up close to read it anyway.
07-23-2010, 10:36 PM,

Cool, I look forward to seeing it in context. Smile