Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factions: player-owned forts
01-29-2006, 05:35 PM,

i was just saying that because i think offices are part of the package anyways. if you get a high rank you get an office, or so i read somewhere...

and i do love ruining dreams :yes:
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-29-2006, 05:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
i was just saying that because i think offices are part of the package anyways. if you get a high rank you get an office, or so i read somewhere...

and i do love ruining dreams :yes:
o man...
anyways... I did hear that TES4 guilds will be more dynamic an detailed... like you are REALLY the head of the guild.. you get stuff and perks and get perky and stuff....

but we are trying to list it out for TES4 Vvardenfell...
01-29-2006, 08:35 PM,

Won't it be a little too much responsability when you're in control of both some guild and your Own stronghold? I mean, you'll just be running here-to-there to do the chores.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
01-30-2006, 02:30 AM,

well, we'll see once the game comes out, but we can always adapt. i'd rather have fewer with more quality... most of the variety of oblivion i think will come from the individual, unique quests, so mods (ie us) will have to do the same.
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-30-2006, 10:56 AM,

Agrees.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
04-10-2007, 09:45 PM,

looking back I think the only 'player-owned' settlements will be the 3 that were thought of...
Maltir Bal in the West Gash, Tel Orsimer, and Nothryon Hold... they will be small and have a small part in economy, politics, and military... I don't mind if Tel Orsimer gets renamed later but the other two are basically set

anyhow, bumping this incase anyone has interest
04-10-2007, 11:50 PM,

Haha, it's so funny to look back and see what high expectations everyone had for the vannilla Oblivion! :lmao:

All jokes aside, however yeah, I don't really think it's nescesary to have too many ownable buildings; Sure you may have bought all the houses in Oblivion, but how many of you used more than one?
04-10-2007, 11:58 PM,

you will only have rentable/buyable homes in the larger cities.... like Balmora... Sadrith Mora... Maar Gan maybe.... and a bunch in Vivec City... unless you own a settlement... ...cause Vvardenfell is a frontier...

see the big reason for that is that Vvardenfell is awesome cause aside from Vivec City, its not very settled... you have a few towns... and then wilderness... lots of it... (except for the Ascadian which is well settled)
04-11-2007, 12:19 AM,

Yeah, after beating OB, I found myself playing Morrowind again. I thought long and hard about why and I think it's because you get the sense that in Vvardenfell, no-one really cares wheather you live or die, their are just so many factions all on different sides and without a guard patrol in sight, your basically free to do as you please.
07-27-2007, 05:31 AM,

Perhaps the Redoran settlement could be something like this.

The actual settlement in the Gash region will consist of a barracks, a few huts/houses and a manor for the player. Walls will ring the settlement with a pair of guard towers overlooking the entrance. The Redoran will also have 2 or 3 mines in the surrounding area to fuel their economy.

The player should be in charge of every aspect of his/her settlement. The player has a limited amount of manpower at his disposal so if he chooses to have more miners than guards, the consequence will be that his mines are running at full capacity but they are poorly guarded, leaving them open to attack. Another feature could be that the player can develop his guards or miners. For example, in the settlement's early stages, the guards will be equipped with sub-par weapons and armor (A patchwork of bonemold, leather, or just regular clothing). But for a hefty price, the player can choose what to equip his guards with so that they perform well in battle. In the miner's case it could be protective facemasks or better pickaxes. Additional upgrades could be an on-site healer to heal miners increasing productivity or to equip some guards with guar mounts so that they patrol the wilderness around your settlement faster than they would on foot.

Some quests could be to attract people to your settlement or rescue a missing villager.

So meh, those are just a few ideas.