Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factions: player-owned forts
07-27-2007, 02:42 PM,

Hey guys Im going to go ahead and make the designs for the Forts and will go ingame to check the locations and improve the design of the Forts. Hlaalu/Redoran/Telvanni/EEC I will make a good decisions and this will be updated later tonight.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-27-2007, 09:50 PM,

I think it'd be cool to make it where you can post different guards to do different things whenever you want. Like tell one to guard your room, and 3 to guard the ramparts, or Vice-versa...(Just an example)
And you can hire guards to come and work for you. Also to have guards that go scavenge the area around the fort, go hunting, gathering, killing off unfriendly creatures, and bring the spoils back to you.(put them in a chest I guess)
Also you can take some of the guards out and they'll fight along side you in the wilderness. All of this stuff is possible, and I think it'd be a cool addition to the forts.
Thanks.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
07-28-2007, 06:10 PM,

Alrighty Lets get started here Folks.

For the Telvanni Shashpilamat is fine all you have to do is add House Pods and the Towers maybe some Docks.

For the Hlaalu Straight across from Lleran Ancestral Tomb theres a little crater hole perfect for the small Hold a 6 building settlement. 3 houses small ones like Caius Cosade's. The Inn, a Tower/Barracks and the Manor.

For the Redoran I would say to settle around Drulen Falen's Hut. Have a manor,inn,tower, and 2 houses exactly the same as Drulen Falen's Hut.
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-29-2007, 09:27 PM,

I thought we had agreed on Tel Orsimer (Shashpilamat), Nothryon Hold, and Maltir Bal...
07-29-2007, 09:38 PM,

Yea those are the designs. Im talkin about blueprints and locations Nothryon Hold isn't a a real place I wasn't naming anything I placing them.
07-29-2007, 11:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Yea those are the designs. I'm talkin about blueprints and locations Nothryon Hold isn't a a real place I wasn't naming anything I placing them.
But there's a difference between placing then and blueprinting them...
Maltir Bal is at a West Gash crossroads east of Drulene Falen's hut, quite a ways into the Gashlands... and Nothryon Hold is on the western edge of the Ascadian Isles at a pass... please refer to old plans cause I don't want you guys to be disregarding the old plans...

if we simply disregard all the planning done in past 1-2 years then we aren't being efficient are we? Big Grin

please guys take a look at the old plans, read through old forum posts, if you guys have questions, ask, thats what i am here for (partly). :goodjob:

as for blueprintsm once you guys finalize them, I'll see if they fit what was planned, but I'm sure you guys can manage that
08-10-2007, 08:55 PM,

How about my IDEA.
First you got one of these 3 then you can lead or send army to battle and you must battle for other 2. And for first you must beat leader what is leading they in a duel 1vs1 you and he/she. Are that good idea ???
11-11-2007, 06:58 PM,
RE: Telvanni player-owned forts
KuKulza,

House Telvanni- Tel Orsimer
description: The Council is considering making a legal holding on the Azura Coast. The mushroom tower will be situated in Shashpilamat, the Daedric Shrine. The Telvanni Council pressures Duke Vedam Dren to give them official ownership of the region instead of rights of influence. This propsed stronghold will be able to watch the road going down to Odirnarin and makes the area safer for travelers... Telvanni travelers at least.
objective: to serve as an outpost, a resing stop for Telvanni wizards and barracks for Telvanni warriors and hirelings. It helps to extend Telvanni influence to the southeastern mushroom forests.

-----

Sounds great!!! It would look awesome as the original Deaedric shrine with Telvanni vines and shrooms growing everywhere. Smile

Can't wait to see the screenshots, especially if Jon is working on this.
03-17-2008, 09:44 PM,

Its been a while since I've played Morrowind, and my CD broke Sad so I can't be very specific on the positions of my ideas, and I'm relying more on my thoughts on why the factions would be expanding.

Firstly I think we should try and have separate 'fort' building for each faction. The only fort the player could access would be the one he/she builds, and hence this would be the only one the player owns and can use. In this time of strife on Vvardenfell, all the major players will be attempting to gain a foothold in separate areas and to take advantage of the political turmoil caused by the Oblivion Crisis. So when the player reaches a high enough rank in the faction they side with in the MQ, they get the option to build a new stronghold fort whateveryoucall it, and the other factions build their own as well.

Nord
Description
A small but strong harbour stronghold, centred around docks where Nordic longboats are tied up. A large wooden longhall stands on a small hill overlooking the port. Warehouses and stores on the quayside guard provisions and trade goods from the mainland. Closed to foreigners except the odd Imperial diplomat or mediator. A large wooden wall stands vigilant against attack, with 4 large watch towers, 2 towards the land and 2 towards the sea.
Objective
With the increasing strife between the Nords and Redoran on the mainland, and a Great House War looming over Vvardenfell, the Nords of Sheogorad have appealed to Skyrim for help; this is the result. It aims to serve as a focal point for any Nordic action on mainland Vvardenfell, as well as sending a strong message to the Dunmer. Also aims to allow domination of shipping in these waters.
Somewhere on the north-north-west coast of Vvardenfell, could be on the ashlands or the west gash.

was going to carry on with a few more, but want to see if my ideas are of any use or if this thread is dead Big Grin I envisage these forts as being destructable during the war - if you want to clear Vvardenfell of Skyrim's imperialism, so be it :goodjob: similiarly, you can leave them be. This would make it easier to sort out the post-war situation as its simpler to edit or destroy newly built places.

Of course I'm saying this knowing sweet f**k all about the MQ, so feel free to tear apart my idea :yes:
Writer, Ideas, Concept