Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TACTIC] Episodic Releases.
06-20-2009, 08:51 AM,
[TACTIC] Episodic Releases.
Episodic Releases

We don't have a fully organized team yet, so I think this is the best way to go. It's easier to eat spaghetti in bites than to swallow it whole. Each episode ends with half a cliffhanger so people 'll come back xD

Episodes:
- The Lost one (Teaser)

- The Island mod (WIP title, might I suggest "They came out at night..."?

- Part I of the Main project: Porta Tiberio: A venice-like Island where the player is introduced to the most important figures in the main quest. The Resident (local ruler) fears of infiltrating Akaviri... it's up to the player to discover the sevrets beneath the Island (Venice is built on columns, so is this Island.) The Episode when you embark on a journey to the mainland of Akavir

- Part II: The player arrives on Akavar, Ionith and has to find a way to open the gate in the mountains that's the enterance to Akavir...
It ends when the gate opens.

- Part III: The gate has opened and Akavir has opened to the Empire: The player has to chose a faction to join. You can consider this 4 episodes (Empire, Ka Po, Tang Mo, Tsaesci) in one.

- Part IV: The 2nd parts of the faction-quests.

Why would this work?
1) Smaller packages.
2) When new people come because they found our mod interesting and want to help, this ensures each episode looks a bit better than the previous one.
3) The player choses his faction. Instead of having to wait for the next part to come, he can play the mod again with a different character and join another faction (yo can only join one at the time, due to logic resons).

Now, when working on an episode, 70% should be working on that episode while 30% works on the basics of the next episode, that way'll it'll go a bit faster
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
06-20-2009, 09:26 AM,
RE: [TACTIC] Episodic Releases.
dont dabble too far into the akavir main quest imo. its sheer hell doing something as small as an island and polishing it up for release. since you dont have too much cs experience, i'm just telling you now that making the landscape itself is insane and is where most mods fail.

if the small mods are designed to capture interest, make sure you encapsulate the essence of akavir into it, what ever ti may be....

and just to clarify, is the lost one and the island mod separate projects? if so which one would you be starting on?
06-20-2009, 09:44 AM,

Yes, The Lost one is a different one, much smaller, more like a teaser for the Island mod.
The Island mod’s still a bit too big imho… as stated before we need a bigger team for that one.

The essence of Akavir should be exploration... definitely.

Concerning the main quest: those are just guidelines... what it should be like. We'll get to that once the teaser and the island are released.
06-21-2009, 01:15 AM,

I think you are right Shiver-Tail. I think you are doing a great job of figuring out something that is doable and then getting it in motion.
06-21-2009, 07:11 AM,

Is the Lost One teaser mod one to be placed in Cyrodill or will that be very small island?
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
06-21-2009, 07:27 AM,

On a VERY small Island... think the size of Anvil.
06-21-2009, 05:01 PM,

I believe the Island mod was to be originally quite small, there was some map somewhere on the forums here, that looked like a small island, with some giudes where is a dungeon, fort, etc.
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
06-21-2009, 05:09 PM,

It was small, but not small enough concidering our current circumstances.

The main purpose of the Lost One is to create a doable experience for us while we experiment with the different aspects of modeling and, more importantly, team-cooperation and also create a cinematic experience for the player so that he gains more interest in the mod.
07-27-2009, 01:24 PM,

Are we making any progress?
07-31-2009, 09:24 AM,

I like the plan. So what should individual team members do and who will be creating this in the CS?
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.