Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ionith?
06-21-2009, 04:00 PM,

well, perhaps they want to reclaim territory? or gain a strategic point somewhere? making time leaps aint gonna make things better.

either way, the plot should compensate for any point in the mainquest rather than be specifically pinpointed before or after the daedric invasion.
06-21-2009, 04:02 PM,

Good, my exams are over tomorrow, so I can start writing then... anyone interested in designing some quests? Big Grin
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
06-21-2009, 06:35 PM,

I moved this into the mod suggestions sub-forum. We aren't really talking about an island mod anymore, so I think the discussion fits better here.
06-21-2009, 06:39 PM,

But what do you think Ysne?
Let us hear your opinion... you are after all "da boss"... =)
06-21-2009, 07:02 PM,
cannon anim?
Animating the cannon/oxen/thingy would be a problem for me indeed. So far I have great difficulty animating full out movements and the one attack anim I created is somewhat buggy (but It works kinda). Thats why I usualy work on Idle anims, cause they're easier to make look fluid. But makeing the pushing anim for npc's would be possible :yes:. Id be VERY ugly tho. And makeing them push the cannon is something I definitely cant do atm. I draw a blank just thinking about it ?(. I learned animation by the push-buttons-till-things-stop-blowing-up method :lmao:. So im still learning (and crashing my poor comp)
06-21-2009, 07:49 PM,

I've just finished the basic layout of Ionith (working on the UV map Wink )
Not much to say... little channels, palaces at the center, hue walls, little dots are humans,...

(I started detailing th docks and palace as you can see but I'm still working on temple and houses...)
06-21-2009, 08:21 PM,
RE: cannon anim?
Quote:Originally posted by Shank
Animating the cannon/oxen/thingy would be a problem for me indeed. So far I have great difficulty animating full out movements and the one attack anim I created is somewhat buggy (but It works kinda). Thats why I usualy work on Idle anims, cause they're easier to make look fluid. But makeing the pushing anim for npc's would be possible :yes:. Id be VERY ugly tho. And makeing them push the cannon is something I definitely cant do atm. I draw a blank just thinking about it ?(. I learned animation by the push-buttons-till-things-stop-blowing-up method :lmao:. So I'm still learning (and crashing my poor comp)
Why not make the cannon a mount, and have the NPCs mount and dismount animations getting into/moving out of position to push it, and the movement animation would be the actual pushing?

It would be fairly easy to do - just load both the cannon skeleton and the NPC skeleton into your 3d program - there'll be no issue with bones having the same name as all mounts have bones prefixed with Bip02 rather than Bip01. You could just animate the whole lot together, perhaps throw in some constraints to make sure the two skeletons stay together.
06-22-2009, 04:55 AM,
RE: cannon anim?
Heres a random Idea...

There is a small island ,near mainland Akavir, called [Name Pending]. It is full of peaceful imperial folk. Traders, Craftsmen and so on. The Akaviri launch a devastating raid killing every one on the island. The empire sick of its trading posts falling under attack decide to establish a fortified stronghold on the mainland to house a legion to combat threats on the nearby trading posts. As the most honored champion of Cyrodil you are invited to lead a squad during the invasion. After some analysts decide that the creation of a fortified outpost would be to much of a strain on resources they decide to capture an already made one... Ionith. So after you drive the Akaviri out of [Name Pending] You commit a few sorties with your elite team. (Assassinate commanders, Steal plans on fortifications and so on. When they are weakened sufficiently you launch an attack (This is were the sewer crawling comes in Smile )

As for the cannons who needs them just use
a) Catapults, Trebuchet etc
or
b) Some sort of Ayleid or Dwemer contraption the fires huge fireballs.
06-22-2009, 10:40 AM,

Ciao... that's why I need you as a writer!
Wonderful!
06-22-2009, 01:10 PM,

just need to tweak ideas so that anyone regardless of their stage in the oblivion mainquest can do the quest, not just the hero of kvatch or the champion of cyrodiil.