Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Velothi Domeroom bugfix
07-18-2008, 08:51 PM,
Velothi Domeroom bugfix
As some of you know I created a system for Velothi dome rooms back in mid-May. Much like it was in Morrowind there are two dome versions, one being a simple room with a large dome roof and the other being a simple room with a medium dome roof and an optional ramp, the latter which effectively adds a second level to the domeroom in a fashion not unlike the tops of Oblivion towers albeit considerably more compact.

[Image: th_Domeroom_Ramp_2008-07-18.jpg]

The dome rooms were terribly bugged and useless for anything other than modding... as long as you didn't playtest. The ramped domes (Type-2) caused the player to get stuck in the middle of them, while the nonramped domes (Type-1) wouldn't let the player jump up inside the dome.

It proved both interesting and challenging to pursue the fix, but I won't bore you with a recanting of my many tries and failures. Suffice it to say that in the end it turned out the nif files themselves were corrupted - for what reason I do not know... but once I piggybacked them on Bethesda nifs they worked like intended, without any collision changes being needed. The next bsa won't be released for quite awhile, unless that's wanted, so I've attached the fix for those who might want it prior to that. Since the nif files in the archive are newer than those in the last bsa they should take precedence automatically when you're modding or playtesting.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]