Poll: Would we make Akavir SI dependant?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
0%
0 0%
No, because I/others don't have it.
0%
0 0%
No, because SI isn't that useful at all.
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shivering Isles...?
06-23-2009, 02:18 PM,
Shivering Isles...?
I was immediately struck by this question when I enterd Sheo's/Jyg's real yesterday evening:
"Would we make Akavir SI dependant?"

As there's an ongoing poll on the ST forums, I wanted to create one here too... What'd you say?
Some pro's and cons thanks to Sandor...

A few advantages.
  • It makes our NPC's a lot more interesting (AI wise), for example they would be able to write, sweep, juggle, forge and cook.

The esm maintenance is easier because many people use SI and the dialogue contaminations have to be removed.

Other interesting categories are scripts, lights, sounds, activators, clothes, weapons. (and animations -Shiver)

Even if a modder doesn't have SI it's still possible to mod for Silgrad Tower.

A few disadvantages.
  • You have to buy SI.
  • You can't play our mod without SI installed.

[THIS POLL IS UP FOR 2 WEEKS]
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
06-23-2009, 09:49 PM,

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this issue. I think we need to evaluate what using the updated cs means though. If we use the cs, but do not use any content of SI, I believe we do not need to make it SI dependent.

If it is not SI dependent, then people would not need to buy SI. I suspect that most people already own SI by now though.
06-24-2009, 03:40 AM,
RE: Shivering Isles...?
After reading the pro/cons i immediately thought that it is a good idea...
and then i remembered how much i disliked being limited in mod choices because i didn't have SI. Also our initial aim is to make people stand up and notice our mod. So we have a good fan base and a flow of recruits. It would be important to have as wide of a base as possible. All things considered I think we have it as not needing SI for the first few episodes. Maybe include a quick survey/questionnaire in the downloads asking the public what they think.