Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fort Swampmoth
11-29-2009, 11:22 PM,

I think the idea was that Swampmoth was still occupied by the Legion until only a few years ago (probably shortly after TES III took place I'd imagine). Hence it's going to still be more or less intact.

As for a location, my guess would be that it would be somewhere along the main road between Stormhold and Gideon, perhaps at a strategic point like a river crossing.

Concerning other forts, Stormhold still has a garrison, and I believe Gideon and Soulrest do as well. That's about as far as the Empire got I guess.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
11-30-2009, 12:58 AM,

We might be best off placing it at someplace like -5,14 then, or perhaps right next to the farmlands of Utateki in the Western Vudai Marsh. I feel that Swampmoth should be the furthest that the Empire got so this would do it...if I place it in the current beta region then there's a danger of cluttering the landscape with too many locations.

You can check co-ordinates here, folks: All Maps (REFERENCE ONLY - No Posting) .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-30-2009, 03:00 AM,

That sounds like a good idea.

11-30-2009, 07:54 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Concerning other forts, Stormhold still has a garrison, and I believe Gideon and Soulrest do as well. That's about as far as the Empire got I guess.
Yeah, but they're forts in cities. Why can't there be one or two forts in the middle of the wilderness, to use as a military checkpoints or something?
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
11-30-2009, 10:41 AM,

Aye, I think that's the idea. It would make sense for there to be most Forts in Blackwood where the Empire may have found a way to cross the little gulf between Cyrodiil and the Black Marsh. Then there's the Parchlands (or Marauder Coast). Currently, we have Fort Carmine (which is the one on the road to Swampmoth by this reckoning)...and Fort Scorpion (where a beach landing might have been attempted).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-05-2010, 04:34 PM,

So are we agreed on a location?

We also need to decide which tileset to use. Should it be an imperial-style modern castle or an un-ruined version of those old forts from Tiber Septim's time in Cyrodiil?

02-05-2010, 06:25 PM,

I don't believe we have come to a conclusion over where to locate the fort, but we should be considering it.

Since it has 'moth' in it's name, I automatically think back to the TES3 forts back in Vvardenfell, like Moonmoth and Hawkmoth. I suppose it is possible to make a tileset for that, since RW made one for ST (but ST has a policy of keeping our own models to ourselves, unless it is decided otherwise). I can also imagine a good tileset being created from the vanilla fort ruins, but made un-ruined. I quite like the idea of an un-ruined Sancre-Tor - I big fort complex, since it was probably the legion's main base in BM.

I wouldn't mind either of those choices, but I don't like the idea of a vanilla castle, like in the cities. I don't think it would really work, and I don't think they were done as well as the MW forts, or a possible un-ruined fort ruin.

02-05-2010, 07:51 PM,

I agree with you about the vanilla castles - but it would have the advantage of being fast to do. Let's leave it as a last resort though.

I know that some guy was working on a Morrowind-style imperial fort tileset for Silgrad Tower, but I thought that his computer died and lost all the meshes?

02-05-2010, 07:53 PM,

I was under the impression that after that, RW finished it.

I'll have to look into it.

02-06-2010, 11:32 AM,

That was TobitheDane. I'm pretty sure something was salvaged and it would make a great set. The last that Tobi did though, even with all the files, was to make a start with the interior meshes so many of the interiors would be missing even if all the files were recoverable...but I reckon the inteiors won't matter as much if we're careful using another tileset. Have you sent a PM to Razorwing, JK? I could send one if not.