Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Koniption's Misc Models
09-11-2011, 12:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Yes, Black Marsh. I'm not sure if it fits okay with the lore though.

Probably would be weird in the area you're thinking of. I was thinking of using this plant to decorate the Parchlands some more. I know the Parchlands is already landscaped, but it does lack good variety of desert plants.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-11-2011, 09:38 AM,

Aye, if they can be used sparingly in clumps....especially in the shaded areas provided by copses of trees...then they wouldn't be hard to add and certainly wouldn't look out of place.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-11-2011, 02:00 PM,

@ IG - Ok, I'll send the plant over to you soon, then. I made a far nif for it too.

@ morcroft - MickMcDee has not gotten back with me yet. I decided to ask him the general question of "Can I use the models made off your concepts, as a general modder's resource, for any mod project to use, as long as you are credited?"

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-11-2011, 03:08 PM,

Good good. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-23-2011, 08:12 PM,

Here is the current progress on the Hammer statue, for Stormhold:

http://imageshack.us/g/843/hammerstatue1.jpg/

IG, did you want me to texture in some sort of cloud & lightening emblem into the mossy stone texture, since this is a "stormy" city?

Koniption
09-24-2011, 09:55 AM,

Looks cool albeit in an unexpected form...had you intended to have a person holding it as well or to use it on the side of a building or something jutting out? I would have been content with a simple large, thick hammer standing on its shaft but this should be equally as good.

Yes, an emblem would be nice... =)
09-24-2011, 12:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Looks cool albeit in an unexpected form...had you intended to have a person holding it as well or to use it on the side of a building or something jutting out? I would have been content with a simple large, thick hammer standing on its shaft but this should be equally as good.

Yes, an emblem would be nice... =)

It's just the arm holding the hammer - no body or anything to go with it.

You can bury the arm partway into soil, or a statue base of some sort (of your choosing - we have several compatible nifs in our BM files).

It can be looked at as symbolizing this:

"Stormhold is a stormy city, plenty of mud and rain....we may be occasionally buried by Blackmarsh brutal temperament, but we always rise again with a vengeance!"

So the arm with the hammer, coming out the ground or a statue base, represents "rising again with a vengeance", even though one is trampled by the brutality of Blackmarsh (brutal weather, and brutality of the region in general). Besides, storms cause mud, and stuff sinks in mud, so the arm/hammer is like a person who has sunk in mud, coming back to reclaim the day.

Koniption
09-25-2011, 10:19 AM,

Good good. Constantine's hammer it is then. :yes: