Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Parchlands and Darkmoor
08-05-2009, 12:15 AM,

I'm on the last leg of Parchlands preparation before I send the files to sandor for generation. This has also involved a small rock overhaul to meet the needs of the different locations. 'Scorpion Pass' is shown again but will not be looking like this in the next update until I've copied over the objects from the ScorPass child WS (see post above for details). Anyway, I added a more narrow part to the pass.

I also had to do a set of rock retextures and a bit of a redesign of LR's Soulrest exterior. I made sure that the rocks and textures matched the regional ones and then added trees from the Parchlands set. I also made sure that you could walk up LR's rocky city entrance more comfortably i.e. without missing meshes and having to jump.

LR and I also discussed having a 'pirate's cove' so I added that as well. It's pretty small but it's neat and the interior tileset looks convincing enough. At the back is a door which will be linked up to a secret access point to the UC part of the city. My favourite thing about this, besides the sand clogging up the washed-up boat, is the hole in the cave roof which I've made enough room for up above so that it shines all the way through, even though I added a 'regional ceiling' (otherwise the interior model would have been see-through)....I might add another small LC hut at the top of the cave ledge. At the moment, you can reach the ledge via the bank of sand but I'm considering adding a set of stairs too.

Hopefully, I can finally get that bsa archive sorted now that I have all the essential models for the short term....I'll be sorting out the books next...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-05-2009, 09:18 AM,

This looks gorgeous!

`Senten
08-05-2009, 10:18 AM,

great work IG.

I think the current UC docks should be replaced with the proper Koth ones, but without the canopy, have you got theat model, and would you be happy to do it? as you seem to be having fun with the outside.

also, i decided 2 worldspaces was excessive for soulrest, so the new .esp will change it just the one.
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
08-05-2009, 08:23 PM,

Yes, I've got it. I'll get it sorted when I have time. I'm busy on books at the moment. Unfortunately, I've already added a ship and shoreline so I'll need to do some corrective work.

I have the door to the cove/bay set up so whenever you get that tower/bridge model sorted, I can just draft it into the mix. Talking of which, I height mapped the land around the other two entrances so that they are only accessible via high ground. I'll think of some way to sort this out...actually, be careful height mapping anything in the LC district as my height alterations may have affected things in there...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-05-2009, 09:21 PM,

It all looks really nice. I like the sunken ship too. Smile

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-05-2009, 10:17 PM,

It looks great!

i really like the pirate cove, but i think that the cave peices needs to be retextured with the same coloured as the rocks and cliffs.

Great work :goodjob:
08-06-2009, 01:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by simonp92
I really like the pirate cove, but I think that the cave peices needs to be retextured with the same coloured as the rocks and cliffs.

Pretty impossible, I think. I could potentially merge the two textures but I've tried such things before and it looked crap. It doesn't look too bad in-game. It's just a case of realising that one area is out of the sun a lot and relatively protected from the sand.
08-06-2009, 02:26 PM,

A couple more screenies before I start to add more ships....I'd also like to know if you think that Speckled Guar's Greek ship is appropriate or whether we should develop our own....
08-06-2009, 07:46 PM,

what? how is that impossible?

is this because you cant correct the UW data to the new textures?
08-07-2009, 12:14 PM,

It's not impossible, practically-speaking but it's very, very hard to make it look half-decent. The cave textures would need to be altered. I guess I could do it but I simply couldn't be arsed right now... Smile