Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Parchlands and Darkmoor
09-13-2009, 01:07 PM,

I finally managed to finish the first little bit of landscaping for the Parchlands and can now show you the screenshots.

01 - I completed part of the coast which is the entry point for the Scorpion Pass that you see here. The beaches are fairly lush but quite rocky and will feature occasional clusters of Koniption's coral rocks at a later date.
02 - Koniption's fossil logs add to the parched, used-up-soil effect.
03 - In the original Scorpion Pass you will see some vegetation. When the questline for the battle is set up here (featuring a child WS), this area will be filled with warriors, engines of war and (hopefully) animated figures that help to fill up the landscape (the same way that it's done in the Imperial arena).
04 - The Scorpion Pass is in fact a dried-up riverbed, a perfect example of the origins of the region which has been ravaged by the industries of foreign invaders and marauders (hence the previous name for the Parchlands, the Marauders Coast).
05 - You will find many dead trees in this area on the parched soil.
06 - The flora, Desert Rose, is common to this region but, as it's the only really dry region in the country, you won't find it anywhere else. Here it is in the narrow part of the Pass.
07 - Parchlands countryside.
08 - The start of the river that will lead to RockGrove and pass through Blackwood, Darkmoor and eventually the Everglades.
09 - RockGrove is purple due to the switch to bsa format of the archive. I'll try to get this sorted when I have time but I've adjusted the landscape and the good news is that, unlike before, I am now able to walk through RockGrove without a CTD. This is new to me as it's always been a problem but I'd hoped that adjustments would solve the issues. They seem to have done so. Hurrah for the rebirth of RockGrove! Bear in mind that the surrounding Darkmoor region has yet to be generated but that other adjoining regions are very close.
10 - A view from the Everglades to Stonewastes. This part lies on the Blackwood / Everglades border and needs to be blended. However, more good news! I walked through Stonewastes with no problems either. Previously there had been a few issues although I think my gourd-decorated house may still be a problem....Stonewastes is a beautiful piece of modding.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-13-2009, 01:12 PM,
Very nice! Reminds me of adventuring through the parchlands of Final Fantasy X,
Ibsen i pmed you a copied version of the Word Document.
I would like to see what creatures fit in the parchlands
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
09-13-2009, 02:29 PM,

Looks truly amazing IG!

Your landscapes are very unique,the sandy regions are totally different from Cyrodiil!

Well done!

`SN
09-13-2009, 05:46 PM,

Many thanks to both of you! I will have to take a look later at our creature options to see which creatures I assign to this region....I will probably be tweaking the entrance to Soulrest next so that we can set up a drawbridge effect. At the moment, there is a moat but a fairly natural-looking rocky drawbridge is what I'm aiming for at the moment....more details soon...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-13-2009, 10:04 PM,
Final Fantasy X in Blackmarsh nice! :goodjob: :lmao:
Ibsen any jobs (For writing) that you need me to do?
Were-Croc we are un-sure about so... I wont start any of that till we are sure with what we are doing with the idea.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
09-14-2009, 12:47 AM,

Looks awesome, IG.

Btw, both of my brain coral models have the same ingredient "Brain Coral Fragment". The brain corals are also harvest animation ready, and when you harvest them using the proper script, they suddenly look like they've had a piece chipped off of them. I didn't know if you knew this already.

Are you going to use the animated sea urchins for underwater? They have sea urchin roe as an ingredient, and can also damage the player if they touch the urchins' spines.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-14-2009, 08:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I especially like the first and eighth screenshot!

Really? I'm quite fond of the parched soil and fossil stumps myself. Thanks for the feedback (and region editing) anyway...

@ Koniption - Thanks! :goodjob: So I just need to use the harvest flora script and assign the ingredients to the models...? I really like the sea urchins as well, so yes.

Just as a point of interest, I will be polishing up the causeway that you see in the screenshot and creating a sort of coral reef around it (and another somewhere near Soulrest). As yet, my only intention was to create a causeway (a stretch of water shallow enough to cross on foot) that reminded me of a place on the coast of Southern England. I've considered using it as the turtleshell hut home of some nomad/hermit but another option is to create a Fort or some other kind of dungeon.

I would take suggestions but, as this is basically a landscaping task, I could set this up as a claim as part of the landscaping for the Parchlands. The bad news is that you'd have to do the rest of the landscaping for the claim (about half of the Parchlands). The good news is that the landscaping for the Parchlands is going to be so damn easy that it really won't take much at all....and you could create the coral reef yourself or leave it to me.
09-14-2009, 09:17 PM,
I vote Turtleshell with a Nomad/Shaman in it, Maybe a crazy couple that crashed in the reef with there boat and found an old Giant Turtleshell as there home/shop.

Would be a good stop-by for supplies.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
09-14-2009, 09:19 PM,

:yes:Thanks for your feedback, NA. Would anyone else like to comment on this? (let me know if you're interested in this as a claim as well)
09-14-2009, 10:57 PM,

Ibsen,

Actually, the urchin comes with a different script, and it's not the harvest script. Be sure to use the urchin files and script in my KoniptionsKreationsResourcePack1V3, which is the second file uploaded to TESNEXUS. If I remember correctly, I think I had to fix something in the script, and that fix should be in that second, most recently uploaded file.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool