Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stormhold - Bureaucracy (Open)
09-07-2011, 06:57 PM,

Hopefully. I've seen him on the forums recently, so hopefully he will drop by...
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-07-2011, 07:53 PM,

She has dropped by... :lol:

I need to get a better understanding of how you've laid out the quests. I don't think it will matter, if you're structuring things the way I think you are Big Grin

Basically we will have a master control quest. How does BM kick off? How does the player travel to BM? On the rare occasions I've played mods with separate world spaces, they require a mechanism to teleport the player to the new WS, correct? So that would go in the master control quest. The master control quest will also monitor progression through the main quest and possibly the side quests as well. It's also used for global variables and general stuff.

So the master control quest will kick off the main quest, but each quest in the main will be separate. Therefore this quest, for example, could stand on its own and you would just code it up in a patch that would get merged into the master.
[align=center]My Mods
09-07-2011, 08:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by AndalayBay
She has dropped by... :lol:

Oops! My bad. It seems I never learn - if I recall, I made exactly the same mistake when Koniption first joined BM! If it's any excuse, I myself have been mistaken for a girl on these forums from time to time in the past...

Quote:How does BM kick off? How does the player travel to BM? On the rare occasions I've played mods with separate world spaces, they require a mechanism to teleport the player to the new WS, correct?

KP is in charge of the details of that, but you're right, there will be a scripted event which will teleport the player to the new worldspace.

Quote:So the master control quest will kick off the main quest, but each quest in the main will be separate. Therefore this quest, for example, could stand on its own and you would just code it up in a patch that would get merged into the master.

That makes perfect sense to me, thanks for clearing that up!

I don't think we've ever been properly introduced, by the way. I'm Black Marsh's unofficial Lore monkey, and it's sort of my job to try to keep the background story of the mod consistent - so I anticipate we'll be communicating quite a bit when it comes to making quests! Smile

09-07-2011, 08:24 PM,

Yeah, I've been reading your stuff about lore and I'm impressed! I love how you've got it all tied together. We're always trying to make sure we stick to lore in the Dark Brotherhood Chronicles too, so having someone who's versed in lore is invaluable.

And yeah, I have to admit I thought you were a girl until I saw the others refer to you as "he" :lmao:
[align=center]My Mods
09-07-2011, 09:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by AndalayBay
[snip]
And yeah, I have to admit I thought you were a girl until I saw the others refer to you as "he" :lmao:

An easy way to remember that Deeza is a guy, is to associate his name in this phrase:

"Deez'a Nuts"

Did I just type that? :pop:
Oh snap, so I did! :brew:

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-07-2011, 09:26 PM,

I've got to be honest, now I'm really curious. What exactly is it about my posts that people find so... er... feminine? :lmao:

09-07-2011, 09:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
I've got to be honest, now I'm really curious. What exactly is it about my posts that people find so... er... feminine? :lmao:

I don't think your posts are feminine. Maybe it's the "a" at the end of your screen name? (A lot of girl names end in "a")

Maybe it's just a coincedental fluke, that you seem to be mistaken for a girl sometimes, though.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-07-2011, 09:37 PM,

I think you might be onto something with the "a", come to think of it...

09-07-2011, 09:45 PM,

Naughty Koniption - and I thought I was bad :lmao:

Yeah, it was your name Deeza, that made me think you were a girl. Kind of like Lisa or Liza.

So, do you think we have this thread thoroughly off the rails yet? *whistling*
[align=center]My Mods
09-07-2011, 09:53 PM,

Well, not quite yet. Not until Ibsen shows up to enliven the thread with his usual brand of humour...