Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[READ] Current tasks: The Lost One
08-04-2009, 05:15 PM,
[READ] Current tasks: The Lost One
Okay, let’s get started!
First we should focus on getting raw materials (finished assets) and quests/lore.
[READ] Current team setup.

My own progress has been slow lately, due to a severe computer crash (Had to reinstall everything) but, luckily I was able to recover all my Akavir related models, textures, art, etc.
Currently I’m on a holiday (as said in the MIA thread) so my possibilities are limited to concepts, quests, lore and coordination. When I get back, however, I will pick up where I left of with the CS.
Meanwhile I’d very much like to know who has experience (and I do mean experience, not “has used it a few times”) with the CS (I noticed in team setup I seemed to be the only one, I and my skills are, unfortunately, not nearly enough to create a fully running island, not to mention an entire continent)
So again, If we can rely on YOU for CS work, let me know (or apply to the team If you’re not already in it.)

As far as the coordination goes, here are current tasks (more can and, probably, will follow):
If you disagree or are unable to complete a task due to an incident, please let me know a.s.a.p so that we might come up with a solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ysne: I cannot order you to do something as you are, and will always be, my superior, but I’d very much like to advise you to brainstorm a bit on the “Sky” forums with me about recruitment tactics (because I do not think the textbook ones I used before will suffice)

Ciao Gamer: You, mate, should start working on some quests related to the Island and its inhabitants. As far as I’m concerned you’re the one that determines if it fits or not (since we do not have an actual Island, I think the best is that the Island should be created to fit the quests and not vice versa)
Okay, so what’s on the Island:
- A lone Ka Po warrior, trying to defeat the Tsaesci. (player could help him?)
- a small army of Tsaesci (warriors use melee weapons, marksmen use bows, priests use magic and heal the other 2, and then there’s one enslaved dragon, called “Titan, the bloated one”)
Concepts of these denizens and their armor can be found in this thread: [ART] creatures, weapons and armor.
What’s on the Island? Only one thing that really matters: A huge temple, overgrown, with a central tomb (like Balin’s tomb from LOTR) and huge stairs. What would I suggest be also included: a hut for the lone warrior…
How do you get to the Island? That’s up to you but it should Involve the Tang Mo…

Corthian: You should start with the armor and weapons for the Ka Po and Tsaesci.
[ART] creatures, weapons and armor.
I’d advise you to create a different thread in which you show these and maybe ones you made before that can be useful.

Zwicky: You could create some recruitment banners (sigs) and maybe som avatars too, based on Akavir.
Since Ciao’s been in this team longer, you could ask him for some general ideas or you could browse the forums and google for Akavir-related stuff.

Shank: Get everything fixed (xD), make some backups and then start on some new cool animations for the Tsaesci (legged version) and Ka Po (yes, you can create different anims for different NPC’s that use the same skeleton, I forgot what the mod was called, but there’s one that does that. Just look at the most popular animation mods on Tesnexus or ask on a forum if I haven’t already supplied you with a link.)

Mirrored: New thrilling Battle and Explore tracks, and maybe some sound effects.

All of you:start generating some ideas, cuz we’re back in business!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[NOTES]
1) If your name's not in the list, but you feel that you can contribute something: let me know.
2) If you'd like to get a different task: Go to Hell! Um, I mean, let me know.
3) If you have finished work: create a personal thread FOR THIS PROJECT (not the threads you already have!). This does not mean, though, that you will have to create a new thread for every fnished piece of work, just one thread for the Lost One, that's it!
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
08-04-2009, 07:30 PM,

Ok I'm thinking. Maybe tomorrow, after I've gotten some more sleep, I will have even more ideas than the ones that I just posted.
08-04-2009, 08:36 PM,

Yeh, you mean mao. Thats a cool idle anim. mod. Now that my computer is in a lesser version of itself(still acting kinda glitchy for some reason), I can try start playing around with Gmax n stuff. Might have to switch back to blender though cus import problems.

Any Ideas on what type of fighting styles I should consider using?
08-05-2009, 04:21 AM,
RE: [READ] Current tasks: The Lost One
Quote:Originally posted by Shiver-Tail
Ciao Gamer: You, mate, should start working on some quests related to the Island and its inhabitants. As far as I’m concerned you’re the one that determines if it fits or not (since we do not have an actual Island, I think the best is that the Island should be created to fit the quests and not vice versa)
Okay, so what’s on the Island:
- A lone Ka Po warrior, trying to defeat the Tsaesci. (player could help him?)
- a small army of Tsaesci (warriors use melee weapons, marksmen use bows, priests use magic and heal the other 2, and then there’s one enslaved dragon, called “Titan, the bloated one”)
Concepts of these denizens and their armor can be found in this thread: [ART] creatures, weapons and armor.
What’s on the Island? Only one thing that really matters: A huge temple, overgrown, with a central tomb (like Balin’s tomb from LOTR) and huge stairs. What would I suggest be also included: a hut for the lone warrior…
How do you get to the Island? That’s up to you but it should Involve the Tang Mo…

I'll get workin' on it :goodjob:
Yall can expect a thread in a day or two.
08-05-2009, 04:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Shank
Yeh, you mean mao. Thats a cool idle anim. mod. Now that my computer is in a lesser version of itself(still acting kinda glitchy for some reason), I can try start playing around with Gmax n stuff. Might have to switch back to blender though cus import problems.

Any Ideas on what type of fighting styles I should consider using?

I forget what it is called but there is a Brazillian fighting style that is both a dance and fighting that might fit well for Ka Po.

The Tang Mo would have at least one fighting style that includes climbing and leaping since their native land has lots of trees.

The Tsaesci would have a smooth, side to side style remeniscent of snakes.

Feel free to make up your own original ones based on your own ideas or some of these. The more unique the better.
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM,

Caipoeira
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
08-05-2009, 04:49 PM,

Exactly what LadyN suggested!

Capoeira would be freaking awesome. Smile
Can't wait to see how this will be!

`Senten
08-05-2009, 10:17 PM,

I hadn't thought of combining the Ka Po with Caipoeira yet, but I think it'd fit okay, especially if they would use polearm weapons or w/e.
The Tang Mo could use something resmbling karate, with lots of flying kicks and acrobatic kata's.

For the Tsaesci? Hmmm, it'd be really hard to find an existing one that matches.
Lets come up with an entirely new style.
I guess sideway movements lots of crouching (like the goblins in LOTR... hmmm, second time I mention that movie. Haven't seen it in ages though.), sliding over the ground, etc. Also, for sword (and other melee) attacks, they could spin their hands and blades a lot, building up for an attack and then use a low strike (bottom --> top) to surprise their opponents. Also lots o' stabbing for prettey obvious reasons.
Basically, you could describe the style as this:
Perception,Interception, Deception, Strike.
They analye their opponent's movements and style (perception) and memorize their weaknesses. They intercept their opponent's strike and make a quick, unexpected counterattack (deception) with lots of confusing movements and, ofc, lightning fast. When their opponent is either confused or hurt (in most cases both) they simply stab them in the head/neck/heart/gut and turn their back to them in one fluid movement... (to show thier disrespect for the opponent, because he started a fight he couldn't finish and could have better given up and expose his neck. "What a waste of blood and energy.")

Just to give an idea of what I was thinking.

Shiv.
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
08-06-2009, 12:17 AM,

heh, thats alot of good ideas. So far here are my limitations.

-cant animate legs to make pc/npc walk so the caipoeira idea wont work atm(I wish I had mocap T-T).

-cant do atk anims. They're kinda (at least for me) uber glitchy.

-I do work for files onehandidle, twohandidle(polearms?), two/onehand(L,R,B,F), and some blockidle.

Sadly most of the realy flashy ideas I had wont work....yet...but Ill try and come up with some decently cool stuff even tho. The spinning weapon Idle I can do I think Big Grin. Its amazing what just a flick of the wrist can do.

Thanks for the input. Ill get to work on it.
08-06-2009, 05:45 AM,

Good luck shank,whatever you do! :goodjob:

`Senten