Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[READ] Current tasks: The Lost One
09-21-2009, 03:54 PM,

Good post! :goodjob:
I'll let you guys know when I have time to do something! (apart from the story and some concepts...)

'Shiv
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
09-21-2009, 10:15 PM,

I decided to use the current anim for one of the other races instead(failed miserably at making the twirlyness for sword T-T). So now it looks more like a basic stance. Maybe the Tang Mo can use it. Ill post a pic once I can get it to show up in game. After I work out the bugs ill move onto the block, forward,back,and side anims.

If I knew how to animate the weapon itself it would make the spinning easy, but I don't....for now. So it would look naginata/gwandao-ish(non-flashy) at the moment.
09-23-2009, 11:17 PM,

Who is making the landmass? I think every one will be more motivated when we finally see some shots of the world coming together. I keep feeling like our production to becoming a little lob-sided. I might be able to do some cs stuff, I have vista which means I can't edit dialogue. But I have a few quests in the works and I need them to be connected to the world we are making.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
09-23-2009, 11:54 PM,
[READ] Current tasks: The Lost One
From what i think is that the old teams made loads of landmass?
Shiver-Tail is the only one experienced at exterior cell making (Or he knows a bit about it) or you could say "Landmass Creating".

And by no means am i getting off on the wrong foot here but Shiver-Tail says he has little to no experience in exterior cell making and correct me if i am wrong (I can accept it, I am an adult after all).

If we are stuck in this area for too long then its either say "Bye Bye" to the mod or we can "Act" by either recruiting experienced landmass modders or we can train ourselves to be landmass modders (I for one, Hope to at least look how its done).
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
09-24-2009, 02:09 AM,

i made a landmass for the previous project but since shivertail redesigned it, i dont know if he has plans to use it or to make a new one.
09-24-2009, 10:03 AM,

I was thinking of using a new one, and using your one for the full mod.
Wanna give it a try? Big Grin
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
09-24-2009, 03:22 PM,

eh.... your call. dont look at me for heightmapping anytime soon. i still have to focus on my uni exams next month. if you want to try, or anyone else, i suggest this site - http://www.cstutorials.info/CS.html
which has good video tutorials. But region generation isnt covered well. I suggest, should we get to that stage, that we ask around for experienced landscapers for help with regions.

It isnt hard to get started but to get the terrain right for whatever you want to build there can be tricky.
09-24-2009, 04:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by exilehunter
eh.... your call. dont look at me for heightmapping anytime soon. I still have to focus on my uni exams next month. if you want to try, or anyone else, I suggest this site - http://www.cstutorials.info/CS.html
which has good video tutorials. But region generation isn't covered well. I suggest, should we get to that stage, that we ask around for experienced landscapers for help with regions.

It isn't hard to get started but to get the terrain right for whatever you want to build there can be tricky.

Good luck on those exams.
09-24-2009, 08:19 PM,

I just made this fractal map out of the Map Shiver posted, with any luck I might be able to get it into the CS. I haven't a clue about region editing, I didn't even know it existed (I thought we had to place everything by hand).

Map

I got it in game. I am not sure what to do next. I don't think I am up to doing all the regional editing so who is going to take this off my hands?
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
09-25-2009, 10:25 AM,

good work. the regions are literally drawn in the CS. bethesda did this for cyrodiil and you can see the colour coded regions on a grid. Regions can overlap and can have things called preset lists assigned to them. a preset list handles all the land textures/grass plants, landscape models, trees, with tailorable settings such as density, opacity, rotation of models, size variance, height limits, etc. after these settings are all done you can populate any region.

however, drawing regions should be done after some practice. you dont want massive overlaps nad you dont want very irregular shapes. theres a few cs bugs incvolved also.

and preset lists are pointless until we have enough models to fill them with.

as for what to do, i dont know. i dont know what plans shivertail has for cities and their locatiosn and whatever. you should ask him for guidance.