Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No TES V in the near future?
08-17-2009, 01:12 PM,
No TES V in the near future?
WTF? I just read about Todd Howard's keynote at the QuakeCon:

"Howard took a few questions from the audience but didn't give out much info on their future projects, saying only, "We are working on our next big game but we are not talking about it." Don't look a new Elder Scrolls game in the near future; Howard said there are no current plans for an "Elder Scrolls 5." As far as an Elders Scrolls based MMO, he said in jest, "There's always a chance." He gave no new info on the third party developed Fallout: New Vegas, due out next year. He did confirm that they are through with creating any more Fallout 3 DLC content. "

He's just teasing, right? I kinda was expecting them to release some early material for TES V soon. Well, more time for me to save money for better hardware, I guess.

Source: http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/08/14/q...ighlights/
08-17-2009, 01:23 PM,

Hello Sachiel.

Well, the next ES will come at Fall 2010 i think. Or 2011.

But its not a problem i think. All of our province project need more time,a year or so.

We all wanna release our project before TES 5.

`SN
08-17-2009, 05:14 PM,

Understand that when Bethesda says "we are not working on XYZ" they usually mean the exact opposite. If they came out and said they were abandoning ES permanently we could reasonably expect TES5 to be out by next Monday.

Quote:He did confirm that they are through with creating any more Fallout 3 DLC content.
They also said they had no plans for more Fallout DLC after broken steel.
08-17-2009, 11:54 PM,

It was a mis-quote: Bethesda is indeed working on TESV.

Look here:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/#12903

The article is under "Monday - August 17, 2009"

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-18-2009, 06:40 AM,

If im correct, they working on Tes 5 for a 2-3 year now.

`SN
08-18-2009, 11:23 AM,

I believe they are working on something, but they don't want to say which kind of project. When they have something sexy to show, they will inform us.
08-18-2009, 02:59 PM,

The article, and the clarification, says that Howard said don't look for an Elder Scrolls V in the near future. But don't they always say there aren't any plans for a new game before they release the initial information? If memory serves me right the first announcement of Oblivion came almost like a bombshell in December 2004, albeit the rumors got stronger and stronger leading up to the announcement.

If it's true the game is slated for a Holidays 2010 release then I can understand why he would say it wouldn't come out in the near future. To an average gamer a timeframe of almost 1½ years is an eternity, and only the most avid fans (like us here) would keep track of its development that long.

I'm still having fun modding for Oblivion though and there are a lot of things I haven't tried yet, so I look forward to having a lot of fun for a long time yet. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-18-2009, 04:31 PM,

Thanks for the replies. That's what I needed to hear. Smile
08-24-2009, 06:35 PM,

This article confirms that TESV will be released and not as an MMO.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-03-2009, 04:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
This article confirms that TESV will be released and not as an MMO.

Phew, I'm glad those speculations can be put to rest! Now I can begin fantasizing about the new game again Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]