Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xae's OST Contributions (BM Soundtrack)
11-10-2009, 04:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Xaeaix
Alright, the first post has some updates now. And a nice new layout. I'm also working on putting together a little video to show the new themes along with some scenes from the various locales. I figured it'd be more interesting than staring at that weird banner on my site.

This thread may prove useful: Promos - Threads, Webs & Links . Plus I have a small selection of videos and a much larger collection of pix. And help yourself to anything on my photobucket site: http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70/Ibsen3/ .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-12-2009, 02:28 PM,

I uploaded a very simple flythrough video with some parchlands music here.

Edit: Bah, fraking youtube screwed up the audio encoding. Very well, I'll just upload them to my site like usual.

Edit 2: Alright, some new songs are up on the usual site, here.
11-12-2009, 03:36 PM,

Wow, they are great as always! :goodjob:
11-12-2009, 05:32 PM,

Very unique. I like it a lot. Shine Through could use a few more distinct, recurring melodic sections but maybe that's just me. Neighbourland Sun is probably your best work I've heard so far...it's awesome stuff! :bananarock:

...and I love the deep bass sounds of 'The Rocks Have Eyes'. The only problem may be that there are not quite enough of them but the bit that I hear sounds ever-so-slightly like a deep moan. Perfect for a fog-bound moorland that borders on the dreaded Murkwood....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
11-12-2009, 06:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Very unique. I like it a lot. Shine Through could use a few more distinct, recurring melodic sections but maybe that's just me.

I get what you mean. I used a more classical style in this and woodlands 2, with no recurring parts. I figured I'd make woodlands 3 more catchy to create a nice contrast in the themes.

Quote:Neighbourland Sun is probably your best work I've heard so far...it's awesome stuff! :bananarock:

That's always nice to hear. I'm glad I got it right.

Quote:...and I love the deep bass sounds of 'The Rocks Have Eyes'. The only problem may be that there are not quite enough of them but the bit that I hear sounds ever-so-slightly like a deep moan. Perfect for a fog-bound moorland that borders on the dreaded Murkwood....

When is this slight moan? I'll look it up and remember it for the coming pieces.

All in all, I'm satisfied with this run of pieces. I feel as if I've reinvented myself several times while working on this project and now I've found the direction I want to go in. I particularly look forward to scoring Kothringi (I think that's how it's spelled).
11-12-2009, 06:24 PM,

Yes, that's right. Kothringi. I couldn't tell for sure as I can't open the sound files in a separate player but I timed it and the low bass comes in at about the 28 second mark.
11-12-2009, 09:31 PM,

Ah, you're referring to the contrabassoon? It has only two notes in the song, an upwards leap. I ended up using less in this song that I'd planned but it'll be more frequent in the others.
11-13-2009, 08:16 PM,

Ah yes, of course, how could I miss that? It's the contrabasson....silly me.... :eek: :eek: Big Grin
12-07-2009, 12:45 AM,

Ok, I've almost finished parchlands explore 1 and woodlands explore 2. I'm also working on a main theme.

I'm trying to upload them but the FTP is giving me attitude. They should be up eventually.
12-07-2009, 06:55 PM,

Cool! It might be time for me to start setting up a few sound downloads around here so that people can enjoy the soundtrack as they explore...