Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myst Series Inspirations
10-05-2009, 07:48 PM,
Myst Series Inspirations
I was lucky enough to scan a recent class painting a student and i shared to do,
The base idea- Intelligent Snakemen Village, He painted it ,I merely drawed the outline.

I was thinking yeah there should be approachable naga and the "Wild" naga,
The "Wild" naga think themselves above all other creatures and defend there villages and the hist tree's till the last naga is dead,
While the Tamed naga see the imperials as a threat and all else not a threat they hire bandits to give them spoils and all, While they still allow traders to come in and trade peacefully to keep the peace and not kill any nobles from distant lands because thats what the "Wild" naga do and they hate the wild naga.

Im not sure if deeza is coming back? He left without notice and has been gone for quite a while from what i read so we will just have to wait for news.
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
10-05-2009, 07:58 PM,

Oh Deeza is very reliable normally. He'll be back eventually but if you wanted to create Kangumabog then I might be inclined to send him a PM to see how he's getting on and whether he's going to be available. He did say he'd been gone for longer than usual this time though.

Kangumabog is very much a traditional swamp bastion. Deeza outlines the battles fought there in his writings and it's one of the best protected Argonian fortress-towns in Western Argonia. It's all about guerilla warfare and making use of the swamp....I really need to get the Darkmoor region generated before it's created though.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-05-2009, 08:04 PM,
Myst Series Inspirations
So thats were the naga's shall live? In a warzone? That does not sound very right when the naga in the argonian account return to the deep forest of there homeland no longer tormented by foreigners and travellers alike.

Oh im sorry if i could not contribute anything sooner its just you know the internet probs and the scanner problems, But i might have a resource with the whole scanner problem so "happy days" =) .
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-05-2009, 08:11 PM,

No, that's just where some of the tame Naga might be found. The wild ones would be found further in, like Murkwood. Anyway, the days of Kangumabog being a battleground against the Imperial Legion are over. It's a little more settled now...but just as suspicious of the outside world. Good luck with the resource!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-05-2009, 08:16 PM,
Myst Series Inspirations
After a recent email from the student, He would like to improve his sketching techniques so we should be doing more nice big concepts.

I was thinking were-crocodile... But no promises just yet.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-05-2009, 10:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Glubberworm sounds really good, NA. Koniption asked me recently if I was looking to add any more plants and I noticed that, in the water at least, we are indeed a little bit short. At the moment, I have added Red Kelp to the Garden of the Autarch but if Glubberworm was a bit like Bladderwrack seaweed (just do a google search) then it would give us options in that area. I might also cover the sunken remains of Glenbridge with it. I'll have a word with KP. =) [...]

Yeah, I can make the seaweed. Just wait til I'm off break. I should be done with break around October 8th, unless something comes up.

Since it's called Glubberworm, would you be averse to me making the bladder sacs look a little "grub" like (subtley, of course, prpbably only via texture)?

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
10-05-2009, 10:41 PM,
Myst Series Inspirations
My idea with the glubberworm was it was exclusive to naga and it was also found in damp conditions (Hanging off the top of the walls) and shallow seabeds,
It looked like a big glubber of a maggot and the colours varied from a tan with stripes (Like a maggots colouring) to a swamp green (Exactly like the glok-chuba walls), The glubbery maggot ones are hanging off the top of the walls and the Seaweed like types are found in seabeds,
They have what looks like air holes on the side of them and they have a little tiny poked out mouth, Yet they are a plant!

My full description of a glubberworm, Anyway people are getting off-topic!

[Image: Swamp_painting.JPG]

I found this image on the web, Nice to see this near the paatru's living space.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-06-2009, 05:34 PM,

Something like that may prove possible. We have yet to get the final entrance model for the Paatru dwellings sorted. The main entrance is the 'sucker' or 'anus' ( Big Grin ) entrance which can be accessed inside a hollowed-out, waterlogged tree stump. I'd like to go for a wide, trunk-like, circular model for the trunk (the original idea) but these clumps remind me of an earlier idea of mine where I'd hoped we might be able to create a tree model that has fallen and is exposing its roots in a clump.

Something like a larger version of this, for example: http://activerain.com/image_store/upload...945895.JPG but which would be thicker. However, these things (in NA's pic) look like large, long-dead trunks that have been overgrown with moss and have taken on weird shapes. And that would certainly look pretty cool, I think, and may even help to complement SG's Hist ruins, especially if we mean to extend our jungle regions further easterly after the beta...thereby creating a more 'dense' jungle effect.

We already have the 'knees' of cypress trees that you see here and the mania trees we use in the jungle are spindly enough to create this sort of effect....

Edit...as regards the Glubberworm, it may be that our best option is to create two very different varieties. One is the seaweed variety and the other is a hanging variety. SI left us with some fabulous options in terms of dripping oils and tentacles that grip on the wall and this is what we might model them on but here's how we could look at Glubberworm: Glubberworm is a parasite that feeds off BM seaweed so that the sea variety is like bladderwrack seaweed but with whitish, egg-like objects infesting some of the rounded parts like here: http://www.theseashore.org.uk/theseashor...French.jpg . When it is left onshore after the water drains away, it matures, breaks out and grows into the maggoty thing that you describe...leaving it dangling off rocks (trees sway so leaving them on trees could look wrong). Both types are eaten by Naga, perhaps as a sacred food (and can be tempted by it) but the latter variety are very rare (besides, they'd need to be hand-positioned into place by someone like me). But what would be the ingredient? The maggot itself (which could be plucked using KP's harvest flora script) or the white, wet pus inside it (yuck!)? Either way, we need someone to carefully decide what properties to give to all of our new flora. Most of it will be based on OB varieties but we'll need to link some of these things up with diseases as cures, poisons, magic or food ingredients etc.
10-06-2009, 06:34 PM,
Myst Series Inspirations
Interesting still no reply from my glubberworm description.

[Image: Swamp_creature_by_PReilly.jpg]

Found this picture, Looked interestingly good for a swamp leviathan.

[Image: carboniferous-swamp-71129148-sw.jpg]

Prehistoric Swamp, Could prove useful.

[Image: swamp_cave_final_post_size_adjcopy_.jpg]

Another swamp pic off the internet.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-06-2009, 06:49 PM,

I love the swamp creature....and I may be able to surprise you all with something similar to that last shot. Btw, I edited my last post with feedback on the Glubberworm just before you posted this... :check: