Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myst Series Inspirations
10-06-2009, 07:08 PM,

You can't make me even more happy Thanks Ibsen,
http://www.uesp.net/w/images/images.new/.../180px-MW-
Our friends the kwama have a forager that would be look like a glubberworm.

By the way while were on the subject of morrowind like creatures could we have some morrowind related creatures in northern blackmarsh?
Blackmarsh Kwama's? Blackmarsh mudcrab's? (Mudcrabs have probably been done), Blackmarsh Grahl's?

[Image: 180px-MW-creature-Mudcrab.jpg]

[Image: 180px-BM-creature-grahl-1.jpg]

Anyway ill look for more swamp concepts, Im also making progress with fixing my internet connection (Finally)
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
10-06-2009, 07:48 PM,

I wouldn't get your hopes up about creatures....it's the animations...they're a bitch to get sorted. However, Silgrad Tower succeeded in working on the Kwama. TMJ, the man behind our Sarpa, created them. If you check out my youtube site, you'll find the animated foragers and warriors with my sound files added. Just click on the voice actor link in my sig and navigate to the fourth video. The Kwama are near the end.

We'll be using mr_siika's Durzog and we may even be able to persuade ST to let us use the Kwama but that would probably be a long way off yet....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-06-2009, 08:27 PM,
Myst Series Inspirations
Ok ive found a lot of inspirations (Note to everyone they are not exactly on the marsh subject but they fit some aspects that will be in Blackmarsh... I hope).

[Image: swamp_haint2.jpg]

[Image: mushroom_tree_concept.jpg]
[Image: tree_concept.jpg]
[Image: evil_tree_voroshev_concept_art.jpg]
[Image: CONCEPT_JungleTree.jpg]
[Image: mushroom_men_post07.jpg]
[Image: Pet+quest+concept+art+-+Mushroom+Cave.jpg]
[Image: 215854089_40a8a68f3c.jpg]
[Image: Mushroom_Concept.jpg]
[Image: 200px-Felucia_dawn.jpg]
[Image: UEC_Concept.jpg]
[Image: felucia_game5.jpg]
[Image: enviros-crab-house.jpg]
[Image: eqii_rok_fisherman-hut.jpg]
[Image: waterfall_01.jpg]
[Image: comboyuro_generator.jpg]
[Image: ConceptTreeVillage.jpg]
[Image: Roots_by_cesarpb.jpg]
[Image: the-road-to-letterfearn-50.jpg]
[Image: Slave_Hunt_Dismal_Swamp_Virginia__1862.jpg]
[Image: 253_swamp2_a7iy433tvc.jpg]
[Image: 144698377_8dc3cf51de_o.jpg]

Enjoy
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-07-2009, 04:27 PM,

Nice selection of stuffs! :yes:

I loved the Feluca pic which looks like it has legs planted upside-down in the ground....that's really got me thinking...Likewise, the crab-house is ultra cool and the fisherman hut is highly original too. I picked out some swamp shots as well such as the dark world one from wizards.com . Many of these could help with the development of the Hist Dimension....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-07-2009, 06:53 PM,
Myst Series Inspirations
Oh and the mushroom men one i forget to comment on....

I was thinking could we have mushroom head helmets? or hats?
That would be quite strange to suddenly come upon a mushroom forest and see a argonian riding down the river on his boat with a mushroom hat/helmet on,
Mushroom forests! is there any space for a mushroom forest i ask? a really colourful mushroom forest in blackmarsh sounds a bit odd but its out of the box.. (it could be in a giant land hole? that comes out into the forest.... Maybe a underground mushroom forest? with holes in the roof were the light is poking through and some new strange cannibal mushroom goblin like creature could live there too, Thats were you could get the hat/helmet from?).

I have drinked too much coffee sorry....
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-07-2009, 07:21 PM,

Me like. It could be done. You'd probably need to be transported to a separate worldspace though which might have a different sky....I suppose it could be part of the Hist Dimension worldspace but you'd need a huge model overhead that obscures most of the sky and surroundings.

In the next archive update you will see some mushroom trees that are a part of the cave tileset. They're not massive but then I'd want something very different from the SI ones and your pics may be one way to go with that. I don't want to go about developing such things as yet though. Koniption, for one, is way too busy on other things as are many of our modellers but certainly for the regions outside of the beta we could look towards more BM-specific mushroom forests and I don't think that would interfere too much with what ST are doing (where mushroom trees in Morrowind are commonplace).

Likewise, the Hist Dimension presently contains toadstools but not mushrooms as such. So I think if we were to develop this idea then the best trial for it would be one region of the Hist Dimension, enclosed as mentioned earlier, that makes use of some particularly warped mushies. Keep that one in mind, NA. I'm hoping we can return to it later at some point...
10-07-2009, 07:27 PM,
Myst Series Inspirations
Look at the tenth picture down,
Bottom right hand corner there is 2 pictures look at the one more to the left,
That picture could be the base for the glubberworm idea on the bottom of trees.

Good news the youth center does not need a quite new scanner anymore so i asked if i could have it and my boss said yes, So people needing sketch designs should be able to get them from me in a few weeks time when they get a new one in. :goodjob:
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-07-2009, 08:29 PM,

Good good! Wink

I included the pic you referred to in the attachment just to clarify. These are nice allround underwater designs so I kept it for reference.
10-19-2009, 08:40 PM,

Wow!! This stuff is amazing! I am finally back having completed the Myst games (The fifth one was kind of a let down difficuly-wise, but still fun!) I can can no finally get down to some real work. I will mess around in a few areas, now that I have been inspired atmosphere-wise so I'd better get cracking! (Trust me I don't throw around "inspired" lightly. Smile )
America: Where everyone sues everyone always for everything.
10-19-2009, 09:08 PM,

Hey, nice to hear WIM! Big Grin

Just a point on developments, try to keep them to the claims if possible. We're pretty much complete as regards things like flora and my main focus is on getting the beta version complete. That said, there is something to be said for experimentation, even at this late stage.