Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why you wanted to mod for oblivion?
09-14-2009, 11:10 PM,
Why you wanted to mod for oblivion?
Hello Everyone,

Well i wanted to make a post about why you wanted to start modding for oblivion because i was inspired by this note (On the CS wiki website)-

I can tell you the exact moment I decided I wanted to try my hand at modding. I was on a quest and was riding my horse along the road from Weynon Priory to Cloud Ruler Temple. It happens quite early on in the Main Quest. The novelty of riding hadn’t yet worn off so I rode everywhere. As I rode higher into the hills on the Orange Road, I came to a narrow bridge. Crossing the bridge I looked to my right, and if my NPC could have fallen off his horse, he would have. The view took in the Imperial City and the Upper Niben with Bravil fading into the distance. I thought to myself, wow, this is where I want to live.

The problem of course was that to the left where the ideal house location would be, was a sheer wall of rock. In my imagination those rocks opened up to reveal a perfect valley and a massive manor house, supported by a wonderful little village. I so wanted this. I wanted a mod, and since no one was going to do justice to my imagination like me, I was going to have to do it myself.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Now im only beginning at modding but have been modding WoW for 2 years so... That counts for somethink anyway I might as well say why im into this whole modding scene-

Well i normally roleplay a Hunter with a disease when it comes to any roleplaying game (Normally a lizard like creature,Mainly Naga with tentacle like dreadlocks [Like the Predators Dreads]... And with a Vanhelsing Suit without the hat and a cat on my shoulder [Hehe]).

Ok i can tell you the exact moment when i decided i wanted to start modding for oblivion. I was adventuring the northern mountains near bruma looking for a cave where i could store my things and i started to travel really east to see if i could get a view of morrowind from the North East Mountains and i discovered Diverock quite an amazing find i thought to myself and took in the view and noticed the tent, So i slept deciding my character would be a quite tired after all that mountain trecking and woke up in the morning to find a book next to me.... (That i didnt see the night before).

I immediately grabbed the book in hope of a northern cave related quest and realised it was only some chieften's diary.... I was displeased on what i had found and decided to keep the book and i remembered the chieftens name, So i decided going to Cheydinhal for some supplies would be good for my next expedition and as i made way down the left path....

Im attacked! I immediately get my axe out and have quite an epic battle with this troll and i noted down it name was Uderfryte Matron and was quite weak to Fire...I slayed it! and then I noticed some women's bones inside the corspe with a name i remember from a past adventure in solsteim and then i look to a man's body and im thinking were do i know that name?

I look in my Backpack (I dont call it Inventory) and notice the book,
So i decided to read the diary and i found out the link to my past adventure.... I look to Uderfryte thinking "No that aint a Uderfryte! Thats a Green Troll!"

Well that started me off the whole modding scene of oblivion..
I would like to hear what other peoples stories are like :goodjob:
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga