Akavir Mod Plans?
Hello all,

Im trying my best to keep the boards alive as much as possible,
To put it simply-
What is the plans for akavir?

Yes i know we are doing the island mod,
And i know everyones working there asses off to produce something,
But i would like to know are we going to make future plans for akavir,
If so what will the future factors in the mod be?
Who will be raising it off the sunken earth?
When will that future helping team come?

I see the island mod being completed eventully but it "feels" like we are ever so shrinking intill we get to that post from razorwing saying he will archive the forum and let us use some remaining space for the island mod completion, Correct me if im wrong.

The whole reason i wanted to go into the oblivion modding scene is to see the akavir mod flourish into a lovely palm spring day,
So i wish for some team members to post here so we may discuss future plans for the brilliant idea that is the "Akavir Project".
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
10-04-2009, 10:13 PM,

Future eh?

I really just want to let the world use the weapons and armor I have made. I really just want to see some monkeys wearing tribal armor guarding their little villages. We need to produce something substantial. I don't see what more I can do on my end. I think we need to find some help, or at least get some advice from someone who has been where we want to go. I think there are plenty of places to find this kind of help. We could find people on the Beth CS/Construction Set Forums, or Tes Alliance, or even right here at Silgrad Tower. I want this to succeed. We just need some tangible results.

Until then, an island could work out well we just need to do it. It shouldn't be to hard someone just has to bite the bullet and do it. Seeing as the Island idea wasn't mine I really don't know if I could do a proper job of it. I am willing to learn more about world building, but I would prefer finding some help.

I want to thank all of you that have remained. I know our little project has been close to flat lining for so long. I have worked long and hard to create the things I have. When I joined I had never modeled anything before, I learned as I went and I am confident other can do the same. Everyone who contributes is important. We can do this. I will do more if I have to.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
10-05-2009, 09:44 PM,

So with Corthian and Lore Naga and Shiver Tail, we have the beginning of a core team.

I have been one of the leaders of this team for a long time. If anyone thinks a change in leader ship would help, I am willing to step down. This only applies if there is someone capable of stepping in and getting this done though. In the mean time I will continue to facilitate this board and keep people talking as best I can.
10-05-2009, 10:18 PM,
Akavir Mod Plans?
Oh thats a no no from me,
Ysne you keep the boards alive and also say how good the stuff we've made.

All akavir needs is a New look and fresh new recruits,
I think it "Looks" like the boards are not busy because people are not posting in them enough,
It would be nice to see the members more active on the boards but they do have lives and all, Like all of us.

We might have to think pratical and think "What can we do with our current members?" I like the idea of akavir but i do not like the idea of akavir being crushed to pieces, So ideas ideas ideas *Sigh*.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-05-2009, 10:54 PM,

I agree. I think we need to post more, if only to foster excitement and to show we aren't dead. We also should encourage lurkers to be involved in discussions.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
10-05-2009, 11:09 PM,
Akavir Mod Plans?
Akavir is currently the biggest lookup on google apart from silgrad tower in-terms of typing in "Silgrad Tower" in google from what i see,
So there "Must" be some interest in akavir but the peoples are too shy to come out and face us all,
I do think getting the lurkers out from hiding would be a good idea because whenever a post goes off at least 4 guests look at the post when people are not around (Amazing isn't it, Just like flys on Dog Food when no one's around).

Im sure if someone made us a free form website with a nice looking front and some advertisements here and there with also having a concept art page,
A Video page and a fan forum like i said on Blackmarsh,
Its nice to get these old forums up-to-date with the whole movement on "Cool website = Nice Fanbase = Helpful helper-outter's" Not saying silgrad tower is dull but i think to improve the modifications is to publish them more,
So its more like an "Official" mod from bethesda,
That makes the general downloaders of mods happy due to the mod there downloading looks "Official".

Theres way too much interest in akavir to just let it go, If this mod dies then the next team shall rise in a month or so on and build on from what our team has done, So theres really no point in letting akavir die when theres that small chance of it re-emerging we just need to keep more active and publish something out of what we have done (For at least we could make a site a resource site for all your akavir needs).
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-06-2009, 06:05 AM,

Yes im sure there's a lot of interest. The only thing you need guys is a big kickass progress!

Every team at here have some "manpower-modder", which peoples make some very big progress.
Example:
You can see, im "the catpower-guy" at Elsweyr,haha! Big Grin
And Ibsen's Ghost & Koniption the lizard guys,they make Black Marsh to a very seriously good project .

So,you have to get a team power. Working together!
Its not a very big problem, if you have a cheap number of modders.

Ysne,Corthian and Lore_naga: You should get this project to a "small next level". Get some activity.

Then you will open a thread in bethesda,showing a lot of new models and landscapes,and im sure there will be a lot of interest.

Good luck,

`SN
10-06-2009, 07:38 AM,

I remember when i first joined. Akavir really fascinated me.In the opinions of many Akavir is the most fascinating and least explored part of the Elder Scrolls. On a personal point i personally joined to enhance my ninja character, because lets face it, ninjas are awesome (note to self get more ninja stuff in this mod) Back on topic though. I think that the main thing stopping the flow of new blood is the lack of ease in getting to our forum. Don't get me wrong, by being on the silgrad forums we have access to some of the best modders for help and advice. When i first decided yep I'm gonna join an Akavir project it took me ages to find some links to the project. Bout 3 months in fact. When i did those links were broken. That was two years ago. I didn't find out till i was digging research on silgrad tower and noticed the beyond cyrodil forum and thus akavir.
We need some small scale releases high quality weapons, races and so on with updated links to this forum.
10-06-2009, 03:19 PM,
Akavir Mod Plans?
People like "Packages" they do not like small bits clumped together that they have to download seperately, They are lazy =) .

I agree with ciao_gamer we need a better site for a forum or whatever (No offense to silgrad tower) It took me 3 weeks to find this forum,
I looked everywhere for a tsaesci race mod and then i finally found ysne's tsaesci (Or someone else's), And then i found akavir.

If ibsen finds out what the "Lost Spires" website resource was then maybe we can build our own website, The best way to link it up to something else is to Link it up on google (Someone types in akavir in google then wahla! The Akavir Project Site pops up) and link it up on many lore pages like on UESP, OblivioWiki, etc...

A plan of action sounds good at this stage? Or not?
Just a small plan to start moving up,
Someone make a suggestion im dusted for ideas.

Senten im sure Kodama was the Manpower-Modder for this mod so unless we find Kodama Nerevar then im not sure if anyone can take that task at hand? It really needs a lot of energy and your head must be filled with ideas.

Ok there are other team members i forget to mention-
Starr,
Exilehunter (Im not sure? But ive seen him browsing here),
Shank (Did i mention him before? My memory is bad),
Mirrored (I guess a little busy right now),
Ciao_Gamer (Well im not sure what Ciao does but i probably do but forgot Wink )

And shiv should really reply sometime on here seeming he's the akavir mod Co-Leader.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-06-2009, 05:31 PM,

I could suggest http://www.wix.com for building nice flash sites. My own site is based on wix (http://www.michalcielecki.com). If you can live with the free version with ads, etc. I'd say - go for it. The site builder is really intuitive. You would just need to add custom graphic stuff for the site looking Akavir-ish. You have all there - music players, picture viewers for media.

Side note: I found this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUumEf8_2...re=related

Maybe it would be worth to contact the author of the mod?

And yes - I'm little busy right now, sorry for being inactive.

Cheers,
Michal
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music