Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vudai Marsh Development
07-20-2010, 08:54 PM,

I would say that BOTH types of mossy tree are crucial in achieving the correct look. The other one is pretty damn fine as well. And yes, that extra glow really does create and otherworldly feel! :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-16-2010, 06:44 PM,

Other than sorting out the Parchlands to make way for the arrival of the creatures (at last!), I'll be focusing on the height map for this region. I'm just waiting for sandor to get back to me with the work on Murkwood but it would help if I'm all set up for the Vudai marshes too in order to speed up development. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-20-2010, 09:05 PM,

I started height mapping the Vudai Marshes tonight. I didn't get very far, mainly because I realised that the Vudai Marshes landscape wouldn't make much sense without the raised land of the Arnesian Jungle providing a lot of its water. I just reached my initial set-up of Helstrom...but it's all very 'bitty' at the moment...
10-20-2010, 10:02 PM,

Hmm. So do you think you'll have to finish Arnesia as well then before it's properly done in this region?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-22-2010, 06:55 PM,

Probably not. I just need to get the borderline sorted really.
10-23-2010, 05:27 PM,

Okay, I spent most of today on this and managed to get halfway through the height mapping. It takes quite a lot of work to do the height mapping for this region as it's all small hills and marshes. Very little of it is regular and even. I attached a pic of where I am at the moment and you can see that I just passed Helstrom (the black cells are the completed ones). There are still plenty of cells underneath this map but you get the idea...

Once the height mapping is done then I can hand things over to sandor for region generation. Sandor must be busy though as I sent the region gen instructions for Murkwood almost 2 weeks ago now...
10-23-2010, 05:59 PM,

Great work, IG.

Yeah, he's probably busy taking care of RL stuff. He's had a lot happen recently. He's a responsible, and prompt guy. All we can do is wait.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
10-24-2010, 02:02 PM,

If sandor is busy with other matters I would be happy to handle the region generation. Just give me the word.

10-24-2010, 05:26 PM,

Cheers, bud. I'll have to PM sandor. I'm on half-term this week so I have a little more time available.
10-24-2010, 10:27 PM,

Let me know if you need my help on this.