Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
andy12750's City and Regions Guidebooks
12-26-2009, 10:24 PM,

Andy, now that the Gideon claims are starting to come in, you could start on a guide for Gideon now. Smile
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
12-27-2009, 01:50 PM,

I'm one step ahead of you. Already checking out claims and city layouts. Pretty much got a roughdraft already. Big Grin
12-27-2009, 02:17 PM,

Nice. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-27-2009, 07:03 PM,

Hey, I was looking at the city layouts for Gideon, and I was wondering: Is that large Cheydinhall Castle- looking structure in the north end the castle?
12-27-2009, 07:04 PM,

:yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-27-2009, 08:03 PM,

Okay thanks. It has a really big door so I couldn't really tell if it was another town gate or the castle Big Grin

Edit- Changed First post and name. All my guidebooks will now be posted here so I don't have to spam the Lit. section by making a new thread for every guide. Is that all right with you IG?

Edit 2- Also put down what I have of the main draft for Gideon too.
12-27-2009, 08:43 PM,

It's going well. :goodjob:

I'm not sure if you already know this, but just to point it out before you start going into detail of the city, the author will not know about M'Tassar being a Sotho Tren member (as far as he knows, he's a pawnbroker) and probably won't know about the presence of the Shadowscales.

Also, if you want to go into a bit of detail about Gideon's location and history (Scorpion Pass - previously Dorzsa Pass), there's been a bit of discussion about it here: Black Marsh Lore

12-27-2009, 09:02 PM,

Okay, thanks. I might say he has 'Heard rumours of a branch of the Dark Brotherhood' is in town, but thats all i'll mention about the Shadowscales.
12-27-2009, 09:10 PM,

I think that would work (although, as you know, IG and Deeza have the final words), because it fits in with the author's ignorance. :yes:

12-28-2009, 09:57 AM,

Yes, using one main thread is best for organisation purposes. And I would agree with you about the 'heard rumours' reference too. I think our writer should probably be Imperial so it would be written from the Imperial perspective i.e. perhaps a little prejudiced. If it fits with the lore, then I think the Imperials would have made many attacks around Dorsza Pass and were repelled frequently but were quite brutal in their methods. The writer would probably try to make out that they were on a peace-making mission.