Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stormhold - The Battleaxe (Open)
01-10-2010, 07:54 PM,
Stormhold - The Battleaxe (Open)
While looking at the Stormhold banner, I came upon a quest idea...

The symbol of stormhold is a Battleaxe ( or a Warhammer, it doesnt really matter)
I believe there is a myth, or a legend about this weapon.. And the player gets a major quest... To Locate this Weapon... Now what I dont like about the vanilla quests, is that they are too simple, you get navigated all over the quest... Thats dumb, you dont even have to think out some sort of action plan...

Here, you gotta use your own mind, you travel from city to city, from settlement to settlement, from marsh to marsh. You can speak with some native argonian tribes, read books in-game, and figure out the location of the weapon... I think it is wise to give the Player some sort of companion(s) for this quest, some sort of a small team with the player as leader. and in dialogue with your companion the player is given some locations, which appear while you fill your head with knowledge..

At last, the player must choose wisely, in what location to start searching...

I wasnt thinking much about the other part of this quest... Maybe when the player reaches the correct location, he finds a dungeon, and he meets some wild Argonian Shamans, who dont speak English^^. The player is forced to kill them to save his own life.. Dungeon after dungeon, the PC reaches his goal... The Stormhold battleaxe, which is not only historical famous, but is a powerful artifact with some strong enchantment. Then he meets the Eldest Shaman with his guards(two would be enough), and he explains the PC (on a normal language) that he was the guardian of the artifact, which ancient gods gave the argonian tribes, and that he lived here, learning his mission from the elder, teaching the yonger.. The player is free to chose: To go away from the shrine without the battleaxe, and recieve something from the Shaman (a different artifact, or gold), or to grab the battleaxe, and be attacked by the powerful Shaman with his Guards.. If the player defeats them.. It would be nice to add a script like in Mankar Kamoran's Paradise.. The whole temple starts to collapse, and the PC doesnt have much time to get out of the dungeons...

If you like the idea, I can think more about the details...
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM,

I like it. I agree that Oblivion doesn't have any epic quests like that, and they are all way too simple. IMO any quest where the player has to figure out and decide for themself where to go and what to do is a great one.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-11-2010, 10:22 PM,

It might be a bit tough to implement but the shaman and axe connection is a good one. However, polishing it up with some lore might bring it to a shine. Perhaps everyone who has conquered Stormhold (and there must be many) have wielded the Stormhold battleaxe and the shaman is keeping it secret because he doesn't want another huge upheaval on his hands. I guess there's potential room for the religious machinations of the Constantinian Order in here too (the monks in the Cathedral).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
01-11-2010, 10:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
It might be a bit tough to implement but the shaman and axe connection is a good one. However, polishing it up with some lore might bring it to a shine. Perhaps everyone who has conquered Stormhold (and there must be many) have wielded the Stormhold battleaxe and the shaman is keeping it secret because he doesn't want another huge upheaval on his hands. I guess there's potential room for the religious machinations of the Constantinian Order in here too (the monks in the Cathedral).

If the idea is nice, I can think about the details, but not about the Lore connection, thats one I dont understand much
01-11-2010, 10:31 PM,

Well, it's got Stormhold in the title so it's a quest we can start to work on as the city develops.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
01-11-2010, 10:33 PM,

pff.. and another sleepless night..
08-31-2011, 10:20 PM,

What do you think about this quest, Ibsen?

I haven't seen DoZeNt around much recently. I believe he's busy with exams at the moment, but this thread hasn't been updated in a long while.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-01-2011, 06:44 PM,

I changed the title to reflect that this is a city quest. I think we should be pigeon-holing quests like these as we go so that we know where they'd fit in. I'm keeping it open for now as an idea that may be taken up.
09-01-2011, 09:49 PM,

Definitely a good idea to classify the remaining quest threads.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!