Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot install Silgrad_Tower_T_v1.0RLZ.7z
01-19-2010, 07:22 PM,
Cannot install Silgrad_Tower_T_v1.0RLZ.7z
Hey guys, I have a quick question here. I've been trying to install "Silgrad_Tower_T_v1.0RLZ.7z," but no matter what I do, I can't open or extract the archive. I've used multiple programs and I get the same message: "cannot open file as archive." Am I doing something wrong, or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

PS: When school lets up a little, I'd love to help mod. I've always liked Morrowind more than Oblivion. I would also really like a stab at voice acting for the male Dunmer or "Dark Elves," as I feel the Morrowind Dunmer had way cooler, raspier voices. I think I could pull it off; I just need to get a hold of a decent mic Wink

Anyway, thanks again. I really want to try this mod out!

-robertneville777
- robertneville777
01-19-2010, 08:01 PM,
RE: Cannot install Silgrad_Tower_T_v1.0RLZ.7z
Hi robertneville777 and Welcome to Silgrad Tower Smile

I will have to get the current file myself to see the effect of opening it. But in the mean time I have a question for you. Are you using a 7zip program to open the archive or does the program you are currently using support 7z archives?
01-19-2010, 08:07 PM,

Hi robertneville777. Welcome to ST! Smile

It's great that you'd like to help mod, and new help is always appreciated. You said you liked Morrowind more than Oblivion, so if you'd like to help out with the Morrowind, that would be great! I'm sure bob would love to have another modder on board over there. :yes:

It's also very good that you'd like to voice act, because progress has been quite slow in that department recently. SACarrow can tell you more about that, though.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-19-2010, 10:12 PM,

robertneville777 the archive is fine. My only thoughts are that you need to have a program that supports 7z archives.

Hope it works out well for you.
01-21-2010, 01:03 AM,
RE: Cannot install Silgrad_Tower_T_v1.0RLZ.7z
Yo guys! Thanks for the super-quick replies! Yeah Zurke, I'm sure I've been using a proper 7zip extracting tool, as I've extracted numerous 7zip files with this tool, i.e. Oblivion mods. Here's the link for the tool I'm using.

http://www.7-zip.org/

I'll try winzip and see how that works.

Yeah, I've been practicing the old Dunmer raspy voice from Morrowind. How good of a mic do you need? Well, I have an okay one, so I'll see how that goes.
- robertneville777
01-21-2010, 02:42 AM,

The file may have gotten corrupted during downloading. Try downloading it again. As I said I did download it and it opened fine on my end.
01-21-2010, 05:43 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
Hi robertneville777. Welcome to ST! Smile

It's great that you'd like to help mod, and new help is always appreciated. You said you liked Morrowind more than Oblivion, so if you'd like to help out with the Morrowind, that would be great! I'm sure bob would love to have another modder on board over there. :yes:

It's also very good that you'd like to voice act, because progress has been quite slow in that department recently. SACarrow can tell you more about that, though.

Wait. You guys have a Morrowind project? Similar to the SoVvM project? I would frickin LOVE to help out for that. Morroblivion was okay, but that's not legal. SoVvM is pretty much dead. But if you guys have a project rebuilding Morrowind, I will jump on that in a heartbeat! I'd do anything I could. Help with voice acting, building, whatever, I would love that!

@Zurke

Thanks for the reply! I think you're right, because even though I've tried downloading from multiple computers, the message still comes up. But I haven't tried downloading from another location, so I'll try that. I think that will work.
- robertneville777
01-21-2010, 01:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by robertneville777
Wait. You guys have a Morrowind project? Similar to the SoVvM project? I would frickin LOVE to help out for that. Morroblivion was okay, but that's not legal. SoVvM is pretty much dead. But if you guys have a project rebuilding Morrowind, I will jump on that in a heartbeat! I'd do anything I could. Help with voice acting, building, whatever, I would love that!
Sorry rob - I think you misunderstood my post.

The Morrowind project I mentioned is the project for TES3 - you can find that on the main forum

Silgrad Tower is in Morrowind, on the mainland, so both projects are working on the same area, just for different games. This main one is for TES4, and the afore-mentioned project is for TES3.

Please note - we are NOT working on Vvardenfell - the area in TES3 made by Bethesda. Our land is to the east of there. We had a Vvardenfell project for TES4, but that died a while ago, and we do not expect to be starting a new one in the forseeable future, at least, not until TES5 is released.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-21-2010, 07:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by robertneville777
Sorry rob - I think you misunderstood my post.

The Morrowind project I mentioned is the project for TES3 - you can find that on the main forum

Silgrad Tower is in Morrowind, on the mainland, so both projects are working on the same area, just for different games. This main one is for TES4, and the afore-mentioned project is for TES3.

Please note - we are NOT working on Vvardenfell - the area in TES3 made by Bethesda. Our land is to the east of there. We had a Vvardenfell project for TES4, but that died a while ago, and we do not expect to be starting a new one in the forseeable future, at least, not until TES5 is released.
For sure man, thanks for clearing that up, hehehe. Anyway, I would still love to help the Oblivion Silgrad Tower project, with either voice acting or building, either way I'd love to help (I guess I'm talking more than I'm walking right now huh?). I just got to wait until school let's up a bit.

I actually remember playing one of the old Silgrad Tower teasers, but it was about a year or two old. I remember being really impressed. I felt like was in Morrowind again. But I'm sure your guys' project has come a lot farther since then Wink

But it's wierd; I had the same problem opening the 7zip archive back then. The only way I got around it was downloading from another site, but I can't remember what site that was.

Anyway, I'm going head over to my buddy's house and download the file. I'll post when it works!

Thank you guys for all your help!
- robertneville777
01-21-2010, 10:04 PM,

It's the west of Vvardenfell.