Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Infernal City
01-27-2010, 12:35 PM,
The Infernal City
Albeit I haven't read the book, I have seen enough to dislike some of the things happening there. So, essentially my question is, what do you people here think of the new lore/history that the book mentions, particularly that regarding the fate of the province of Resdayn?
The Nord pointed his finger at the building on the hill, and said: "That is the Emerald Hall, the Palace of Ysgramor."

My concepts - http://ysgramor.deviantart.com (hopefully there shalt be some in the future!)
02-09-2010, 12:42 PM,

I know what you mean. It was bad enough hearing Ald'Ruhn got kvatched, but asteroid strike followed by volcanic eruption, mega-tsunami and lizard invasion is just overkill.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-09-2010, 04:53 PM,

the fate? yes. morrowind needed it in the long run. the process? not so much. the argonian invasion in particular is a stretch.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-09-2010, 05:23 PM,

Would you care to elaborate? You actually think this will bring about some kind of revival? Or just to clear the lore?

02-09-2010, 05:35 PM,

both. first of all, its nice to shake things up. stagnant worlds are boring. its also nice to wipe the slate clean and start over fresh. tons of opportunities for radical lore expansion come out of this, and it breaks down the racial culture barrier. in other words, it makes stuff more interesting. the loveletter is point 2: the distraction of morrowind was planed for a long time.

my biggest regret - besides the iffy invasion and the completely unexplained but potentially cool soulmachinething - is that they off-ed morrowind so quickly. i would have liked more time to explore the fragile sociopolitical situation after the tribunal's collapse.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-09-2010, 05:39 PM,

What I like is the idea of the empire collapsing, and loads of new factions and rebels coming out of the rubble, opening up a whole new storyline of the empire trying to rebuild itself, while the other provinces fight amongst and within each other to rebuild themselves.

I like anarchy! :chaos:
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
02-09-2010, 06:00 PM,

I see what you mean. I love the idea of completely new stuff rising from the collapsed Empire too (TBH, it was what I was hoping would happen after OB finished).

And to think I reckoned that "Landfall" and the underground cities was a joke about Bethesda taking over the Fallout franchise!

Edit:

I agree though - the Argonian invasion came right out of nowhere.

02-09-2010, 06:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
What I like is the idea of the empire collapsing, and loads of new factions and rebels coming out of the rubble, opening up a whole new storyline of the empire trying to rebuild itself, while the other provinces fight amongst and within each other to rebuild themselves.

I like anarchy! :chaos:
In Greece anarchists say:Agean belongs to fish. :eek:
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
02-09-2010, 07:09 PM,

OK - I don't get it at all. ?(
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
02-09-2010, 07:19 PM,

It is complicated Wink