Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod Certification
01-29-2010, 02:09 PM,
Mod Certification
I am tired of watching all those lore un friendly mods.I wonder if anyone want to help to make a mod certification project.That will mark mod as lore friendly or not.
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
01-29-2010, 06:09 PM,

there is nothing wrong with projects that are not friendly to lore. people have different tastes: some don't care about lore at all, some care about plausibility, some want it to be completely lore correct, etc. if something doesn't suit your tastes, just don't play it Confusedhrug:
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-29-2010, 09:02 PM,

But that confuses newbies :chaos:
01-29-2010, 09:28 PM,

how so? anyone who cares to learn lore will take the time to study the mod for lore compatibility. most newbies are probably looking for a fun experience however, and lore doesn't factor into that. i don't think anyone would consider using mods to research lore.

this also raises the question of what is "lore correct." is something that is not contradicted in lore correct? does something have to be specifically mentioned to be lore correct? how much deviation do we allow? its a very complicated issue, and there is no simple definition.

01-30-2010, 12:27 PM,

For exaple I have seen Bretons with black skin shown as Chimer :bash:Lore uncorrect is not a new idea like a wereshark it is making Martin Septim a daedra e.t.c.
01-30-2010, 05:06 PM,

yes, thats obviously lore breaking. however, would you consider the black marsh mod adding Kothringi as lore breaking? Or anything that the Akavir mod makes, since Akavir is not described in detail in lore? Or how about Silgrad's Soluthis? Or using Cthulhu as a Black Marsh creature? Wink

what im trying to say is that there is no one criteria for what breaks lore. some people would consider all of those lore breaking. others only some. to others still all those are lore correct. you can't apply a single label.

01-30-2010, 05:15 PM,

Hi Catlemur, first I want to say that atm I have little time to be involved with another project. But I want to say that your idea holds merit and I think alot of folks would appreciate it.

Just because some may not care whether they are playing a lore correct mod does not mean others would not care. Some people such as myself like a sense of normalcy when playing TES.

Again, I dont have time but I feel you have a lasting and great idea.
01-30-2010, 05:36 PM,

I would borrow a website creating program from school next week.Maybe I will make a site about this and or Elsweyr.Will see.The origin of the Mehrunes Dagon name is Lovecraft's Dagon Wink
02-05-2010, 07:51 PM,
RE: Mod Certification
I agree, but we shouldn't stop at that. We ought to hunt down and kill every last modder that creates lore unfriendly mods. That would stop them from corrupting the game anymore.
02-05-2010, 11:23 PM,
RE: Mod Certification
Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
I agree, but we shouldn't stop at that. We ought to hunt down and kill every last modder that creates lore unfriendly mods. That would stop them from corrupting the game anymore.

I dont think anyone is saying not to create mods that dont follow lore. I dont think anyone even suggested that mods that dont follow lore are not good mods. Catlemur suggested a list of lore friendly mods. For those who choose to play lore friendly mods it would be a great resource.

I am not sure where your sarcasm is coming from. ?(