Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod Certification
02-06-2010, 12:01 AM,

How does one define lore correct? As I understand it from reading discussions over at the official lore forums, some people don't consider the obscure texts as lore, or things like the Trial of Vivec that happened on the forums with devs participating.

Since it's unlikely that you could find a definition of lore correct that everyone would agree upon, you're going to have to define it in a particular way and deal with any disagreements that come with it.
02-06-2010, 01:44 PM,

The mods would be ranked as: Totaly lore correct(contain only Beth. lore),Lore friendly (contain Beth. lore and some aditional ideas that do not harm the lore),Lore unfriendly(the Beth. lore is replaced with the moders own ideas).I 've got the site creating program but it is difficult to learn. :poorme:
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
02-06-2010, 05:09 PM,

only beth mods can be "totally lore correct" (and even then it can be argueable...), since all mods will contain modder's ideas.

again, what do you consider not harming the lore? must something be plausible (not directly contradicted by anything) or probable (supported by lore)? As nick_op mentioned, there is also a lot of leeway in what lore is.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-06-2010, 06:54 PM,

Catlemur what 'web building' software are you trying to use?

Do you have server space that you can do with as you wish? What I mean is do you have a control panel for the server space you are trying to use?

I use Simple Machines Forum.

If you do have control and can apply what forum template you want then Simple Machines is reliable and as the name implies 'simple'.

If not I still may be able to help.
02-07-2010, 11:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
only beth mods can be "totally lore correct" (and even then it can be argueable...), since all mods will contain modder's ideas.

again, what do you consider not harming the lore? must something be plausible (not directly contradicted by anything) or probable (supported by lore)? As nick_op mentioned, there is also a lot of leeway in what lore is.
Probable.Thanks for the help Zurke.I do not have a control panel.I use Microsoft Web Developer of 2007.
02-07-2010, 12:18 PM,

Hi Catlemur Smile

Where were you expecting to place you web site when completed? Do you have your own server or do you rent space on a server?

I checked out Microsoft Visual Web Developer of 2008. I am guessing it must be similar. To be perfectly honest unless you already have an understanding of some coding language it may take quite some time to get used to the program. From what I can see the program does spit out blocks of ready made code to make it easier but unless you have some idea of what you are looking at you may be awhile.

Charles
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM,

Unfortunaly I do not have my own server and I do not rent one now.Is there a way to get one for free?I am a total noob in site building.My fault I have a Microsoft Expresion Web of 2007. Konstantine
02-07-2010, 05:33 PM,

I love the Microsoft Visual series! C++, Basic, etc. Programming is fun to me. I was actually working on making a video game. I already understand some of the code for the Dark GDK plugin.
02-07-2010, 05:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Catlemur
Unfortunaly I do not have my own server and I do not rent one now.Is there a way to get one for free?I am a total noob in site building.My fault I have a Microsoft Expresion Web of 2007. Konstantine

I wont say there is not. But most server space(web forums) that is free has its own templated forum. I really cannot think of any names off the top of my head but there are alot. The only draw back is that they have slim bandwidth limits and adds posted usually at the top of the page(header).

You can rent web space for as cheap as $6.95 per month. I rent space here and it is reliable. They do have web site building within the cpanel which is new. Or since it is your space you could also import any forum template of your choice that will be compatable with the apache server and Mysql.

Anyway, you can search for free space but personally I don't think you will find any that allows you to control the template and or doesnt have some hitch.

Charles
02-08-2010, 07:12 PM,

Someone took the elsweyr.com domen :bitch:.I am curently looking for cheap or free webspace and a good name for the website.