Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues about speedtree
02-09-2010, 03:57 AM,
Issues about speedtree
Hail all! I'm new to this forum, looking for guideance and answer from some most experienced TES4 modder in the world I think.

I'd make a new bamboo spt file by speedtree lite cad 3.0 and trying to put it into oblivion.But any time I drag it from object window into render window crash the CS.

I would like to know if there are any possible mistake I should make.Like where to put certain type files, size etc.

My siutation is :

a. I make the bamboo from a classic tree,I change texture of bark and leaves.

b. I had make bark and leaves texture into dds and _n.dds. Leaves are correctly displayed, but bark keep displaying gray even I apply a .dds texture on it. JPG will work.Becasue bamboo is thin so the texture is 128*512, not 512*1024 like other trees.

c, I put bark and leaves textures under /data/texture/trees, spt in the /data/trees. I assign all textures from their location under /data path.

d. I had make billboard lod pics and put it in /data/tree/billboards as the guide in oblivion CS wiki.

I am very appreciate for any advice and answer! /bow
02-12-2010, 07:37 PM,
RE: Issues about speedtree
It sounds like you're doing everything right. I haven't used speedtree for over a year, its rather finicky and I've had similar problems to you.

Try importing a different tree to Oblivion (try one of the default trees that comes with CAD, or try importing one of mine on TESnexus and then reimporting to CS), it may be an issue with that particular bamboo mesh. Some Speedtrees I make cause the CS to crash for no apparent reason. A lot of working in speedtree is trial and error.

have you ever imported any other tree meshes succsesfully?

Also screenshots are always helpful.
06-22-2010, 09:23 AM,

This reply is very lated but I still wish to the final result.

I finally find the problem : I should put the billboards under /data/texture/trees! The CS/Oblivion doesn't care if the billboard really comes from the .spt files, just need a file with same name put there to use as billboard.

With this it's more easily to make new trees!Big Grin Siegfried thanks!