Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murkwood Development
02-23-2011, 11:34 PM,

Excellent news! Big Grin

Deeza just sent me your Valenwood track over MSN....nice work!

Ooops, I'm derailing the thread....but it's my birthday so who gives a shit? Big Grin I'm off out to pour whiskey down my throat....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-25-2011, 11:13 PM,

I felt the urge to develop Murkwood a little more. Basically, I decided that it was best if we can at least see the Murkwood tree city in the distance in the beta so I landscaped up to Murkwood. Half of the region to the North still needs to be done in this part of the region but it's coming together.

In the caldera that the tree city lies within are some hilly areas. There is a passage through these hills from the South where the Talu swamps are. In the third shot here, you can see the bridge over this ravine where a small abandoned outpost lies (shot #4). A wooden lookout structure lies to the North (shot #5). The interior of the outpost is an open building i.e. there's no interior cell and the windows are just gaps, making it quite a rustic abode (shots #6 and #7). From the top of the lookout, once the LOD is generated, you should be able to see not only the tree city but also some of the shape of the caldera that it stands in (shot #8).

Below the bridge, the base of the ravine is narrow and cloaked in mist (shot #9) and it leads out to the entrance of the massive tree city itself, the canopy of which is forever shrouded by clouds (shot #10).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-26-2011, 01:23 AM,

Cool

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool