Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sisiha Mangroves?
10-05-2010, 09:24 PM,

I updated the OP to reflect my uncertainty over the naming of this region. I never liked the original name of 'Sisiha Mangroves' so we've simply been referring to this as 'the mangrove region' for quite a long time now.

Please include a few suggestions here on this thread so that I can set up a poll with our favourite suggestions. Here are some ideas of my own to get us started:
  • Lobwallow Mangroves (inspired from the 'loblolly pine' tree)
  • Throttlemesh Mangroves or Throttlemesh Myre
  • Grimband Thicket
  • Tuktuk Swale
  • Okkolok Quagmire
  • Mansour or Mansnare Grove (simply derived from the word 'mangrove')
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-05-2010, 09:38 PM,

:lmao: Throttlemesh Mire...

Seriously though, I like Lobwallow Mangroves. It has the feeling about it of an Imperial corruption of a local name, say, Lo-waiijiw (could be the name of a legendary hist tree that once stood in the region, or some other tradition).
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-05-2010, 09:48 PM,

Do you think the connotations of a name like 'Throttlemesh Myre' are a little unclear? Big Grin

I quite like TukTuk Swale....although tuktuks are actually little bikes that you can ride around Bangkok in so it may sound too innocent for some.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-05-2010, 11:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Do you think the connotations of a name like 'Throttlemesh Myre' are a little unclear? Big Grin

I quite like TukTuk Swale....although tuktuks are actually little bikes that you can ride around Bangkok in so it may sound too innocent for some.

What's wrong IG? Feel like "throttling" some meshes that you used? LOL

I like Lobwallow Mangroves. I'm a bit under the weather today, so I don't feel creative enough to suggest different naming options...

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
10-06-2010, 04:01 AM,

What does this place look like?
10-06-2010, 07:14 PM,

You should find a wide selection of shots in the previous posts in this thread. The latter ones are probably going to be the more definitive, more developed ones. However, without any weather effects applied, I'm afraid which will probably be predominantly overcast.
10-07-2010, 04:53 AM,

Wow, I completely missed that there was a first page in this thread.

As for names with actual meanings, the suggestions posted by IG are solid. Hexvein or Nettlevein could also work in combinations with the place names (mangroves, swale, thicet etc). Throttlemesh Myre has a good ring to it.

I like Deeza's logic, though, that the name is an imperial simplification of a native name. So, the first word would be something that isn't an actual word. Ceevan, Ra(i)tlan, Loksen, Maktall, Lentragas, Aklaratan, Ayuri, Laeck, Hirit, Anjaras, Varatt, Gouckia, Lateckya, Seshin.

Tuktuk Swale could be changed to Huktuk or Zxuktuk to assuage the little bike sensation.
10-07-2010, 12:14 PM,

Continuing from Xaeix:

Krinza Mangroves?

Urz'r Mangroves?

Roxag Mangroves?

Phyrix Mangroves?

Sibixa Mangroves?
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
10-07-2010, 01:16 PM,

Bear in mind that there are two other mangrove regions on the east coast that we could potentially use some of these names for...
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-07-2010, 05:13 PM,

I added the poll here: Naming our mangroves .