Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sisiha Mangroves?
02-22-2010, 09:20 PM,

Hell, yeah! Those trees are awesome! Perfect for our needs... :goodjob:

It's amazing how good some MW mods look even now...could you try getting in touch with him? This is pretty amazing too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVQ040IbZ_M . We could probably use mushroom trees for as well. The ST guys might disagree because I think they want to reserve them for MW but I don't see how marshes wouldn't have big mushies if they're on the doorstep of MW. I just didn't want to see them in the Eastern lands...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-22-2010, 09:33 PM,

Sooner or later we're going to have to have a discussion with the ST core about the Morrowind border region. If we were allowed to use some of the architecture, like those Bitter Coasts huts and the flora, we would be pretty much all the way there...

Speaking of Dunmer swamp cities, I think we should also talk to Phitt about maybe using his Velothi stuff for Archon and Thorn. I haven't seen him about much recently, even on his own forum.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-22-2010, 09:40 PM,

Do you have a link to a resource of the Velothi stuff or is it just the architecture that the ST guys are already using (in which case, I didn't know that Phitt was the original modder)?

That would be good anyway but let's reserve for a separate thread when we come to discuss 'Arnesian Jungle Development'.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-22-2010, 09:53 PM,

Sure. When I open it, I'll link with screenshots.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
04-02-2010, 05:09 PM,

The mangrove region has now received the correct set of assets but the biggest task in terms of landscaping will be actually adding the mangroves themselves. Here's a sneak-peak at how they're looking so far using assets that make this region very similar to Darkmoor (but with mangroves...eventually).
04-02-2010, 07:11 PM,

Looks nice.

But what are those strange mesh glitches in the speedtree mangroves (located about the roots)? They look like rectangular planes, or something, that don't belong there amongst the roots.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
04-02-2010, 08:30 PM,

Yeah, that's my graphics card glitch. It's an issue at my end, not with the files or anything.
04-03-2010, 11:15 AM,

Looks great Ibsen, im was afraid about this glitch too.
06-06-2010, 05:38 PM,

I finally got round to adding mangroves for the small part of this region that overlaps with the beta area. I was very pleased with it because it's pretty tough (but not impossible) to navigate and will pose a serious threat when attacked by crocodiles and mosquitoes. You sometimes have to vault over logs but it's actually very playable.

Mangroves will feature right around our coastline from now on, right up to Archon in the North-East. Bear in mind that the pics I uploaded here don't feature the swampwater or environmental weather effects. It will NOT be sunny in this region. The lake that you see is Lake Kulan which has now been fully textured. I'll be adding rocks later and this place will probably be a likely location to come across the deadly swamp leviathan!
06-06-2010, 10:05 PM,

Looks sweet!

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool