Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soulrest - Rogue Import (Open)
02-19-2010, 07:20 PM,
Soulrest - Rogue Import (Open)
Reward: 300 Gold

A merchant in Soulrest claims he's not getting his full amount of import, and has asked you to figure out why, he says the person who usually sorts out of his imports is a local man who lives in a little tent on the outskirts of the town.

When you get to the man, he won't say anything to you, so if you boost up his disposition towards you he'll tell you he gave the stolen goods to a group of bandits in a camp about 100 metres south of Soulrest.

Once you get to the camp, the bandits don't attack you on site, but will attack you anyway once you've talked to one of them.

When you've killed the bandits search the chest nearby and you'll find 1000 gold, the journal will then tell you this is the money of the sold goods, get back to rockspring to give the money to the merchant, who will then reward you with 300 gold.
02-19-2010, 08:03 PM,

Sounds easy to make and will work. I don't see why not.

We just have to make Rockspring first, although this idea is useful because when we city plan Rockspring we can bear this idea in mind. Don't forget though, that Rockspring is outside the beta regions, so it's going to be very low on the priority list.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
02-20-2010, 01:42 AM,

Agreed. Useful little quest idea though. Thanks, crepe100!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-20-2010, 06:04 PM,

oh, thanks. I didn't expect it to be as good as what you's think. And if Rockspring isn't in the beta, where should I move the quest to?
02-20-2010, 06:32 PM,

Well, Rock Grove is a possibility.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-22-2010, 11:26 AM,

Nice little quest, short and sweet. The merchant should be in Soulrest. We need more quests for that city.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-23-2010, 03:51 PM,

I'll move it to Soulrest, I think it would be more appropriate there. I just hope this quest gets picked out of the water.
02-23-2010, 07:04 PM,

Yes, definitely good for Soulrest. :check:
08-31-2011, 09:51 PM,

This would definitely need more development, but it would seem logical to tie this in with the smuggler's cove. Perhaps it could start out as a concerned merchant asking you to track down his goods, seeming innocent enough. Then once you realise who it was who swiped it from him, you realise that the merchant is into some pretty seedy stuff himself?

It might be a good way to introduce the smugglers, if you don't already have one?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-01-2011, 06:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
It might be a good way to introduce the smugglers, if you don't already have one?
Well, there's the 'corpse market' quest from KK that might do that, given our recent suggestions how to alter it but that one might actually follow on from this...however, we do need a few quests that help the PC to gain access to the cities in the first place....and someone smuggling themselves into Soulrest following guidance from a merchant sounds like a good plan, potentially.