Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ixototon - Catch of a Lifetime (Open)
03-15-2010, 02:52 PM,
Ixototon - Catch of a Lifetime (Open)
This is a simple quest that's centred around a tense buildup to a single, epic fight.

Xitoton is a simple fishing village on the south coast, that's lately been terrorised by a monster from the deep. Fingers-of-Frost was, until recently, the wife of the village's finest fisherman, who was devoured by the beast. She has vowed to destroy it, but the rest of the villagers are too terrified to help her.

Enter stage left the "Dobhar-Chu", or swamp leviathan. First of all the player must prepare for the fight, helping Fingers-of-Frost enchant numerous items and brew potions to assist you. You can start the fight at any time, but the more preparation you do, the less tough it will be.

When you're ready, you have to smear yourself in fish blood then swim out into the bay in order to attract the monster. From then on it's a one-on-one brawl between wandering hero and gigantic marine reptile.

If you kill it, the grateful villagers make a necklace out of the thing's teeth, and your reputation among the Sea People rises enormously.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-15-2010, 03:10 PM,
RE: [Xitoton Quest] - Catch of a Lifetime
yah noice we could make the levaithan harder to kill with my idea on fishing im realy intrested in the waters and fishing and all i could help make ideas for this quest the neckless could reasist frost witch i think all fish should do (frost damge) and other armour made from fish scales and other parts could offer protection to frost damge Im trying to make all fish do frost damge so fishy armour is affective (check) www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=12004
Bulls make money, Bears make money, pig get Slaughtered
I'm right here in front of you and I can't stop sh-sh-shaking
I can't stop sh-sh-shaking. come on and hold me still
03-15-2010, 10:10 PM,

Good quest. This could be a Stonewastes quest, potentially...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-29-2011, 02:32 AM,
RE: [Xitoton Quest] - Catch of a Lifetime
God, Deez! You are epic at writing quests!
You should work for Beth. So should KP. I feel so little and insignifacant to all your skills. You should all!
That's what I'm gonna do one day!
Very nice!

@Direwolf66 I can understand what you say but it is quite annoying to have to descipher what some of those words look like and then fit those into the post.
But nice ideas. I like them. Fix up the typos and you could be on a road to Deez's level of epic quests.

Cheers
DD
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-29-2011, 11:02 AM,

Thanks for the compliment. Of course, it's easy enough to make ideas - the real hard work is in integrating these quests into the game.

Direwolf seems to have left us a long time ago. We get a lot of people who drift in, make a few posts, then vanish again. It can get quite annoying.

01-29-2011, 11:05 AM,

Ok, I can't tell when things are posted as it just says my registration date
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-29-2011, 11:13 AM,

Generally speaking, you can assume anyone who isn't on the active modder's list Naming Codes is no longer around and probably isn't worth responding to. You should ask Sandor about that date bug.

09-01-2011, 05:17 PM,

What is the current development status of Ixitoton?

09-01-2011, 07:05 PM,

Untouched but, at 6,-28, it's very questionable whether or not it should be included in the beta. I think the quest should remain open nonetheless.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-01-2011, 09:08 PM,

Yes. I might take a crack it Ixi myself at some point, but I think it would be wiser to concentrate my energies elsewhere for now.