Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Rock is back!
03-18-2010, 07:15 PM,
High Rock is back!
First of all, I'd like to give a big thanks to all the Beyond Cyrodiil leaders who agreed to let us host this project here, and an extra thankyou to Sandor for sorting out this forum for us!

So, you probably all want to know what this project is about and how we're going to go about it!

High Rock is a small province on the north-east coast of Tamriel, and it was the setting for the Elder Scrolls 2. It had a fairly trippy plot involving secret love affairs, ancient secrets, undead wizards looking for their hearts, orcs fighting for equal rights and a godzilla-sized killer robot. Although TES2 only featured part of High Rock, apart from Morrowind and Cyrodiil it's the province that the most is known about, which makes things a lot easier to plan out.

In spite of this, though, the previous attempts to mod it had a run of bad luck that prevented their completion. The first attempt (High Rock I) was one of the first projects to be launched on Beyond Cyrodiil, back in 2006. It eventually collapsed amid leadership crises, and the project lay dormant for over a year.

In late 2008 the project was resurrected by one of its former leaders, Braggi, as High Rock II. The project achieved much in terms of planning and lore research, but Braggi had to resign following health problems and the project was once again archived.

However, TOYB and myself continued with the project off the forums. Between us we amassed a fairly huge store of modder's resources, and also managed to acquire a heightmap produced by an independent, also long-gone, attempt to mod High Rock by Noirgrim.

After months of planning and preparation, we have now relaunched the project as High Rock III. This time we're determined to get the job done.

We have the heightmap finished and in-game, with regions fully generated (if in need of a bit of landscaping). We've managed to secure the help of some of the most talented modelers in the community, including mr_siika, Phitt and Ghogiel. Two cities have already been constructed, with two more on their way.

Please browse the forums and see what we've managed to do so far. And if you'd like to help out, that would be even better!

Regards,

Deeza
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-18-2010, 08:09 PM,

soooo... will the old site no longer be updated? (not that it was very active to begin with...)
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
03-18-2010, 09:29 PM,

TOYB's in charge of the old site, I think we will keep the concept art and screenshot sections up, but the forum will be closed down as soon as I'm done transferring the important threads over here.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-19-2010, 05:25 PM,

Great to see some High Rock stuff happening. I look forward to seeing this mod come alive.
03-25-2010, 05:54 PM,

Whew, I was pretty scared that this project could become forgotten,

HOORAYYY :bananarock:!!!
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]