Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Welcome Thread
03-18-2010, 09:35 PM,
Official Welcome Thread
This is where everyone who wants to join can introduce themselves and get to know each other. To kick things off, here are the messages carried over from the old boards:

The Old Ye Bard (aka TOYB)

I've been modding TES games since before the release of Oblivion, starting back in 2004, and in 2007-2008 I became Co-Leader of the High Rock mod after the previous leaders left Smile I make architecture, work on the height map, organise the resource file, and any other odd job that needs doing -and I'm happy to help other modders Smile

Deeza

I've been modding Oblivion for nearly two years now and this is the first time I've been Co-Leader of a mod this size. I started out writing literature for Tamriel Rebuilt, but soon migrated to Silgrad Tower, where I carried on posting up books and ended up Editor of their book section. I joined this mod when it was still hosted on the Silgrad forums, but I've also contributed to several of the other Beyond Cyrodiil mods hosted there.

Ainz

I'm not the greatest modder ever, and most of my work has been personal, but I have released 2 recent mods. One is a house mod for Oblivion, currently in progress - Ayleid Home, and the other was an eye re-tex for Fallout 3 - Ainz's Beautiful Eyes. I'm hoping to improve on my modding skills while helping out in this project.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-19-2010, 05:21 PM,

Hey, I'm Fearabbit and I'm going to create the city of Glenpoint for this project. The mods I've released so far have nothing to do with world creation, and in fact most of them are rather simple retextures; so this is kind of a new area for me.

My sole reason for getting into modding was the wish to recreate Morrowind's atmosphere and its feeling of a believable world, with all that belongs to it.
Without any skills in modelling, this turned out to be a very frustrating motivation. Texturing was mostly the only thing I could do to change Oblivion the way I want it to be, and while I like the results, I'm never fully satisfied because of the small scope of my changes. Efforts to change Oblivion more radically turned out to be in vain, because I really don't like making compromises.

For Glenpoint, I hope that I can use many of the ideas that piled up over the years in my head, and create an interesting location that is fun to visit and that you maybe even keep coming back to despite its relatively small meaning.
For High Rock, I hope that I will be able to contribute more than just a claim; but we'll see.
03-25-2010, 03:38 PM,

Hi. I am Calipier

Would like to do something small. I need A RL victory to celabrate and a small finished esp would feel good. A complete village may be beyond my expertise. I can move rocks and trees around touchup the heigthmap. Put a building in the world space, add an interior. What I need practice at are NPCz and scripting. Back to the tutorials. The best teacher is just do it, get in the cs, see how bethesda did it and go from there.

I have claimed Kambria.
The abyss looks back.
05-19-2010, 07:07 PM,
Hi
Hello, I'am the Madman.

I shall talk in a calm manner...
I am really really bored of Oblivion, played on it for 4 years solid.
Ever since I got bored, I made lands on the construction set.
Scripting, modeling, and any of that are not my strong-points, I'm pretty good at interiors, and exteriors (interiors take me longer).

I made a choice, I re-installed Oblivion and the construction set and start afresh on Silgrad tower.

I will never be a full member really, but I got a vivid imagination, and I am full of ideas, if you are short on ideas, or got any landscape claims for me, use me.

You'll be surprised with the ideas I come up with...
05-19-2010, 07:48 PM,
RE: Hi
Mudcrab killing never gets boring Big Grin
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
05-19-2010, 08:10 PM,
RE: Hi
I'm with you with that one!
05-19-2010, 08:19 PM,

Hello, theMadman!

Welcome to High Rock. Do you have a .esp of some of your previous work (a house, perhaps, or a dungeon) that you could host so that we can have some idea of your level of experience?

Regards,

Deeza

05-19-2010, 08:22 PM,

No sorry I don't, because I re-installed the whole thing... For some stupid reason.

I'll advice myself to make another one, and show you when it's done!
05-19-2010, 08:54 PM,

Great! I look forward to seeing it.

09-17-2010, 01:33 AM,
Hello
Hello I have had the CS for a long time but I would only do small things like build interiors and make little towns with people that had no dialouge I also built arenas for myself where I would pit two npc's together in the arena. I am so interested in working on this mod because im so creative and I like to fill up oblivion with new provinces so here is the things i can do in the CS.

-Factions

-Npc Ai

-interiors (but need specifics on what you want me to make)

-Map Markers

-and i will see what else i can do as I learn the CS more.

I look forward to working on this mod.
Ninevene