Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Members Thread
03-19-2010, 03:48 PM,
New Members Thread
Welcome to everyone who's interested in joining!

There are a couple of things you should know first. Because the previous incarnations of this mod both suffered from lack of commitment by some members, we've decided that anyone who wants to join will need to show us that they have a working knowledge of at least the basics of the CS.

It doesn't need to be anything fancy, maybe just a house you made for your character. Just needs to be enough to reassure us that you know what you're doing and can be relied on.

Also, all members should get in contact with either me or TOYB over some kind of instant messenger service. It makes it much, much easier to co-ordinate claims and plan ahead.

Regards,

Deeza
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-24-2010, 07:32 AM,
RE: New Members Thread
Hi All
My first character in TES Arena was a Breton from High Rocks so modding here would be like coming home. Still have a lot to learn.
Currently have a wip at Silgrad Tower and would like to join your group as well.
Could I have Ca as my modding abbreviation.
The abyss looks back.
03-24-2010, 02:00 PM,

Hi Calipier, and welcome to High Rock!

You'd be welcome to browse the http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=450 board and see if there's something that takes your fancy. We have a variety of different settlements available, from fishing villages to Nordic towns. It would also be nice if you could briefly introduce yourself to everyone here: Official Welcome Thread

I'm afraid that right now we're currently in between two versions of our master file, but the new one will be available either tonight (GMT time) or tomorrow.

So take a look around in the meantime, I'll be in touch with you when it's ready.

Regards,

Deeza

03-25-2010, 12:34 AM,

By the way Calipier, your Private Message inbox is disabled. If you could switch it on it would be good, because it's less trouble than email if we want to send a message to you.

Regards,

Deeza

03-25-2010, 05:17 AM,

By the way Calipier, your Private Message inbox is disabled. If you could switch it on it would be good, because it's less trouble than email if we want to send a message to you.

Sorry, don,t know how that got turned off.

Calipier
The abyss looks back.
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM,

Great. The new version of the master file is now ready, I will send you the link in a Private Message.

03-25-2010, 12:00 PM,

@Deeza

Thanks. Looking forward to see the lay of the land.
The abyss looks back.
04-05-2010, 01:43 PM,

Greetings. Just saying hi, after talking to Deeza about High Rock project.

Good luck with your project!
04-05-2010, 01:48 PM,

Thanks for dropping by!

04-08-2010, 10:56 PM,

Hello.

GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE:
I have played Oblivion for 3 years now, and Morrowind before that. I also play lots of other games that I believe can give me inspiration on what something should be like (quests, etc.).

MODDING EXPERIENCE:
I began modding in 2007-2008. I have experience in texture replacing, world building, scripting, AI, and Quests. The only things that I am not good at are Heightmaps and Meshes.
I can make any quest, with dialog and quest markers (I am also a good fantasy writer). I can replace textures and basicly edit them. I can do anything with world building. I can make scripts for objects, magic effects, and quests, and I know how they should be layed out logically. I can make AI for NPCs, including telling them to do something during quests or at certain points. I can also change the propities with most objects and know what I'm doing (NPCs, Armour, Weapons, Loading Screens, Activators, etc.) I can edit weather, climates, regions, world spaces, race, birthsign, class, faction. I'm sure there is more, but I cannot think of them.

I hope you can find a use of me...
"NOTHING IS TRUE, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED"
-Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad, Assassin's Creed

Did you know that Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is the longest word in English?