Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Members Thread
04-09-2010, 12:07 AM,

Hi there haloblivion! I see you got my PM over at TESNexus. Welcome to Beyond Cyrodiil's High Rock!

That's an impressive list of skills you've got there. There's tons of stuff you could do with all that under your belt, but right now a very high priority location that needs to be modded is a village called Olione. You can find a thread about it here:

Village: Olione

Additional information you'll need for the claim can be found here:

READ THIS FIRST: Settlement Claim Info

If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a download link to the files for our mod.

Regards,

Deeza
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
04-09-2010, 04:53 AM,

Yeah okay. I think I could do that town. From the description it sounds a bit like a ruined version of Bree from Lord of the Rings. Do I get to make the NPCs and AI (including the duke)? Either way, I would be happy to make this village.

- Haloblivion
"NOTHING IS TRUE, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED"
-Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad, Assassin's Creed

Did you know that Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is the longest word in English?
04-09-2010, 08:57 AM,

Eventually you will get to make the NPCs, but for now we're concentrating on making all our exteriors (because we haven't yet added new versions of the stock races so that we can give them new dialogue).

Glad you'll take it. I will send you a PM with the download link later.

04-11-2010, 06:56 PM,

Hm, I don't have any CS experience, but I could probaly do some writing if you need any.
04-11-2010, 07:08 PM,

Hey, I am interested in contributing to this mod.

I do not have a lot of experience with modding however I have created a few player homes for my character and since I am very perticular for realism I have created a pigfarm and a half finished tannery to make leather armor and the leather clothing you find in oblivion.

I have a bit of experience in video editing as I do take a course for it, so I will be able to make teaser trailers or update videos to show what the updates for the mod contains. If that is something that you need.

I can retexture a little bit however I cannot model at all, which is why my tannery remains half completed as I could never make a water wheel mesh so the tanner could clean the pig hide. Sad

I'd like to claim the settlement Wrothgaria if that is fine with you since it is manufacturing village and I love manufacturing villages. :p But if not I hope I can do something.
04-16-2010, 10:13 AM,

Hi Ruwin,

Welcome to High Rock! Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I have been very busy with other projects. Could we perhaps see your partially finished tannery so we can get an idea of what sort of experience you have?

Regards,

Deeza

05-13-2010, 11:17 AM,

Hello to all the team! I've sporadically checked the forums here for a while, enticed by what an excellent prospect all the work here appears to be, and decided it was time that I offered whatever help I could. I'm fairly new to modding, having only released two finished mods, but I believe that these have given me enough understanding of the CS to be able to to atleast help here somehow. I haven't done an awful lot of interior modding, but I feel I know enough from my alternate spellmaking mod. (little room just inside, & to the right in the Arcarne Uni.). I've dabbled in exterior moddelling, and am happy to do more if need be. Most of my CS coding so far went into my Skooma Deals mod. Which features, if I say so myself, some rather clever methods of using factions as NPC variables combined with a system for getting round the limitations of conversation's results scripts. So if you need some system for respect and influence amongst the various provinces of High Rock, or the likes, I'm up for giving it a go.

Anyway, I'm happy to help with anything you think I may be of use to.

Cheers,
PrettyMurky
05-13-2010, 11:44 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by PrettyMurky
Hello to all the team! I've sporadically checked the forums here for a while, enticed by what an excellent prospect all the work here appears to be, and decided it was time that I offered whatever help I could. I'm fairly new to modding, having only released two finished mods, but I believe that these have given me enough understanding of the CS to be able to to atleast help here somehow. I haven't done an awful lot of interior modding, but I feel I know enough from my alternate spellmaking mod. (little room just inside, & to the right in the Arcarne Uni.). I've dabbled in exterior moddelling, and am happy to do more if need be. Most of my CS coding so far went into my Skooma Deals mod. Which features, if I say so myself, some rather clever methods of using factions as NPC variables combined with a system for getting round the limitations of conversation's results scripts. So if you need some system for respect and influence amongst the various provinces of High Rock, or the likes, I'm up for giving it a go.

Anyway, I'm happy to help with anything you think I may be of use to.

Cheers,
PrettyMurky

So you're good with scripting and factions then? What we have been in need of is someone to make the vampirism scripts and factions for High Rock, if you think you're up to it Smile
05-13-2010, 11:55 AM,

Vampirism sounds like it might require a bit more experience than I have at the moment, but the factions should be doable. What in particular needs doing? Although now that I've just finished the complexities of my mod, I wouldn't mind doing a basic interior or two, just for a brief change. I'm also up for helping with the Black Marsh mod if I can as well, any mods as grand as these deserve all the support they can get.
05-14-2010, 12:26 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by PrettyMurky
Vampirism sounds like it might require a bit more experience than I have at the moment, but the factions should be doable. What in particular needs doing? Although now that I've just finished the complexities of my mod, I wouldn't mind doing a basic interior or two, just for a brief change. I'm also up for helping with the Black Marsh mod if I can as well, any mods as grand as these deserve all the support they can get.

Setting up the factions and their relationships with each other, you can see the clans here, all of but one exist in lore. You can see their relationships with eachother here, and a Vampire Hunters faction also needs to be set up.