Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Members Thread
05-14-2010, 09:41 AM,

Looks interesting & I can certainly have a go. Though I should probably just clarify; my experience with factions is not in the conventional sense. In my mod, I was using faction ranks as variables for NPCs, then during conversation an initial neutrel response (in my case the NPC asking "how much?") the NPCs reference is passed to a MenuMode script, which can then make all kind of complex calcuations using the information in the NPCs faction ranks, and return a couple of comparativly simple variables (in me case 'DealScore' and 'PriceScore') to effect the next, and appropriate, converational reply (whether they accept or refuse the offer). There are probably other ways I could adapt the basics of the system, but it depends on exactly what you need. What kind of reactions do you want, in what situations, between whom?

PS - I'll be out for work all weekend, so probably wont get a chance to reply until monday. However I'll try to get to a computer if I can, so if you can post any relevant info, I'll be able to start building up the system in my head.
05-16-2010, 10:07 AM,
RE: New Members Thread
Hello I am very interested in helping out. I have about 3 years experience in modding Oblivion and Morrowind. I'm best at exterior and interior work but I'm not very good with scripting,Npc, etc... can make a decent interior in about 2-3 hour. If needs be I can make a quick interior for you as a show piece
05-17-2010, 02:41 PM,

Hello Griff!

A sample interior would be great! Or maybe just one of the previous mods you've worked on in the past?

Regards,

Deeza
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
05-17-2010, 09:17 PM,

If you don't feel you have use for me in scripting, as I said, I'm up for a few interiors as well. Either for High Rock, or Black Marshes. For my 'resume', see links in my first post.
05-18-2010, 10:50 AM,

ok will get straight to it and how do i show you once ive done it
05-18-2010, 05:17 PM,

Just to make sure that my reply isn't overlooked for not being the most recent again: An interior I did (in Arcane Uni, to the right of entrance) and My mod with funky system for using faction ranks as variables, & passing info from a conversation to a MenuMode script to get around the limitations of Results scripts.
05-18-2010, 06:05 PM,
My little piece of work
This is the interior you asked for its a basic house with abit of a story behind it I also made a little grave opposite the house behind the rocks the way to get there its west of the little village of aleswell just follow the road you should see it by the road

Hope you like Big Grin
05-18-2010, 06:32 PM,

@ Prettymurky:

If you fancy some interiors while you're waiting, Black Marsh could really use a few dungeons and some house interiors.

@ Griff:

Great, I'll look at it later. Thanks! Could you please make a vanilla cave dungeon, so that we could eventually make use of it in the mod?

05-18-2010, 08:20 PM,

Ok will start straight away. But what kind of stuff you want inside the cave
05-18-2010, 11:05 PM,

I think for now, a standard bandit cave would be good. But try to give it an original twist, think of a backstory for this group. Remember, don't add any NPCs or creatures yet, as we are going to add all those in last so as to avoid conflicts. Have fun!