Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is planned for Elsweyr?
03-28-2010, 12:32 PM,
What is planned for Elsweyr?
There has clearly been a substantial change of direction for the Elsweyr project, but I for one am scrambling to work out what exactly has been decided.

I read the forums pretty carefully and this is what I've been able to work out:
  • The old game plan for 3.2 has been ditched.
  • There is a new Heightmap.
  • Sceluk has the presets to generate the regions
  • The claims from Senchal are to be moved to Dune
  • Senchal is to have a new design
  • Rimmen is to have a new design
  • Riverhold is to have a new design

And that's about it.

I'm sure you're all very active behind the scenes, but please, can a core member start a new game plan post? It doesn't need much: just a headline of what changes have been decided, and a rudimentary plan of action.

Really, if all you can put in the game plan is
"Write game plan - action Core"
"Everybody else, we need a, b and c, but put x, y and z on hold"
then that's enough!

This will help non-core members like me feel they're part of the team, rather than spectators.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but I felt this needed saying.
Morcroft Darkes
03-28-2010, 08:28 PM,

It's fair enough that you want to know, and I'll answer what I can.

Priority #1 Get the new Height Map made! This is nearly at 100% completion, the only thing holding it back is some LOD issues which are being worked on by Sandor.

Priority #2 Get the region generation done, which is dependant on Priority #1 being finished (which will be very soon).

Priority #3 Completion of the new resource file, which Ja-kha'jay is currently working on.

Along side this, we also need new models, new textures, etc, which are being worked on Smile The priority being stressed in this regard is architecture, which lately Ja-kha'jay has jumped onto and has been churning out some amazing wall sets for Elsweyr.

Alot of things from the old mod are being revamped, this is partially due to quality standards (referncing here such things like the old version of Rimmen), old lore that has been interpreted wrong/skipped over, and the new lore from The Infernal City Smile

Hopefully this has helped somewhat, I'm sure Deeza and Ja-kha'jay can fill in the rest.
03-28-2010, 09:18 PM,

Thanks for the update, TOYB, much appreciated.

It all seems like good, sound stuff - which I had no doubt it would be. My only quibble is communication: the forum needs a progress thread, stickied and updated often.

As to the requirements from the rest of us - I certainly plan to keep doing my bit for architecture: I hope you like the latest on the Lunar Temples. I've included some rather less impressive walls than JKJ's that still should be quite useful....
Morcroft Darkes
03-29-2010, 12:56 AM,

Posted a game plan morcroft, sorry it wasn't done sooner, slipped my mind. anyway i hope it helps.
Those Lunar Temples look fantastic btw.
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?