Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Plan for the Alpha 1.0 Release
09-29-2010, 11:19 PM,

It's the "resource file being finished" bit I'm a tad edgy about: do we need to get all the resources ready for the whole country before we start region gen for the south?
Morcroft Darkes
09-29-2010, 11:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
It's the "resource file being finished" bit I'm a tad edgy about: do we need to get all the resources ready for the whole country before we start region gen for the south?

We can region gen later, but it just makes it a pain, it's better to get all of the region gen out of the way at once, we don't need to get the WHOLE resource file done however, just what we need for the region gen, which is to say: trees, bushes, misc flora, landscape textures, grasses and rocks. Obviously the resource file can be updated again later for stuff like architecture, etc.
09-29-2010, 11:35 PM,

Oh yes, sure - I did only mean the landscape resources. Just from watching progress on Black Marsh it seems to be region genned a bit at a time. If that's more trouble than its worth then so be it.

So game plan: put together as many resources as possible; maybe create placeholders for stuff we know we need but don't have yet then get Sceluk started on preset design - he says he should be able to do that anytime from mid-October when the weather cools down enough for his PC to run reliably.

I just don't want us to leave things sitting around waiting for one particular piece of the puzzle: better to keep several work-strands progressing at once.
Morcroft Darkes
09-29-2010, 11:47 PM,

Oh yes, sure - I did only mean the landscape resources. Just from watching progress on Black Marsh it seems to be region genned a bit at a time. If that's more trouble than its worth then so be it.

So game plan: put together as many resources as possible; maybe create placeholders for stuff we know we need but don't have yet then get Sceluk started on preset design - he says he should be able to do that anytime from mid-October when the weather cools down enough for his PC to run reliably.

I just don't want us to leave things sitting around waiting for one particular piece of the puzzle: better to keep several work-strands progressing at once.

Placeholders is never really a good idea, and besides we nearly have enough to do region gen for Elsweyr, we need about 5-8 more trees, and abit more of everything else, but if we prioritise that, it shouldn't take too long, besides we're still held up on Ja-Kha'jay finishing the Height Map atm, so we aren't being rushed into Region Gen.
12-12-2010, 06:47 PM,

OP updated because I promise I'm now going to stop mucking about with the heightmap!
Morcroft Darkes
12-16-2010, 06:15 PM,

I'm in the process of copying and simplifying a selection of Tamriel region presets to form the distant land LOD presets for Elsweyr.

Luckily my grotty old PC that I replaced so I could run Morrowind reasonably fast has turned out to be capable of running the CS so I'm copying reqion boundaries from one screen to the other.

Once I've finished copy/editing Tamriel presets I'll need to set up Valenwood, then go back to the Elsweyr ones.

No promises, but I'm hoping to start region generation before the year's out.
Morcroft Darkes
12-16-2010, 09:31 PM,

I'm in the process of copying and simplifying a selection of Tamriel region presets to form the distant land LOD presets for Elsweyr.

Luckily my grotty old PC that I replaced so I could run Morrowind reasonably fast has turned out to be capable of running the CS so I'm copying reqion boundaries from one screen to the other.

Once I've finished copy/editing Tamriel presets I'll need to set up Valenwood, then go back to the Elsweyr ones.

No promises, but I'm hoping to start region generation before the year's out.

:worship:

*works on cabbage trees*
01-18-2011, 09:46 PM,

OP Updated

The region generation is finally done. The core team are reviewing it now but we should be ready to get cracking on modding in the next few days.
Morcroft Darkes
06-19-2011, 12:26 PM,

So what do we actually have? My understanding is that the region generation was done, so the whole Khajiit continent landmass is there. Then we have the excellent maps. Then really magnificent objects, like the Lunar Temple.

Other than that I see we mostly struggle with the northern regions (landscapes), which was divided into eastern and western parts. The eastern one seems to be partially done, while the western one is mostly open.

I'm not sure what is the status with the cities.

With quests, I can see some first chapters are laid down.

Is the above correct pretty much? Or do we have more?
06-19-2011, 12:32 PM,

Yes, that's correct - region generation is complete and reasonably effective.
The two regions that I've separated into claims are the grasslands and the North Rim - this isn't a limitationon what can be worked on, just I haven't done the maps and claims for the rest.

Cities are currently just drawings on the ground. We have wall segments for some, and are working on others.

TOYB's the expert on the quest plans.
Morcroft Darkes