Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Plan for the Alpha 1.0 Release
08-09-2011, 09:12 AM,

Hi Vintra

You will, of course, be welcome!

Don't forget, though, that there's likely to be quite a gap between Skyrim coming out and being able to start useful modding on the new version: there's likely to be at least some differences in the file formats that will need nif script updates.

We will be carrying forward any modelling and texturing we can get developed between now and then - so don't feel you have to wait! If you have any modelling time available then there may well be projects you could get on with.
Morcroft Darkes
08-09-2011, 10:59 AM,

Hi morcraft;

I a acctualkly might!

IG is away and I have nearly doen my next claim. i might aid with one or two houses, so I'll have a browse.

And from analyzing his posts, it would be a whiskey bottle, not a machete. jks.

Big Grin

Will have a look!

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
08-09-2011, 11:25 AM,

Well you'd be very welcome - what's your preferred field? We're a bit short on "locations" as such, especially interiors, but if you fancy:

Landscaping - loads to do, mainly quicky clean-up and adding camps etc

Ayleid dungeons - there are 6 around the country

Settlements (LC Imperial architecture)
- Miliin (mining town near Rimmen) see Miliin and its Mine
- Sheeraln see Landscape Claim: Grasslands LCGL05

There's also a bunch of other stuff I haven't described in detail yet so if anything takes your fancy let me know.
Morcroft Darkes
08-09-2011, 11:37 AM,

Hi mor;

i went and looked at Miliin. Seems really cool! I would love to that actually! All I need is a bsa and an esm!

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
08-09-2011, 12:19 PM,

Quote:Don't forget, though, that there's likely to be quite a gap between Skyrim coming out and being able to start useful modding on the new version: there's likely to be at least some differences in the file formats that will need nif script updates.

So there is a plan for a TES5 version of Elsweyr? That seems like a good plan (particularly since you've already managed to sort out the heightmap).
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-09-2011, 12:29 PM,

Absolutely. There's honestly no way we're going to complete Elsweyr under TES4 - I'd like to get a nice, if limited, beta out and use it to showcase the project and prototype the development for TES5.

We will need to get a bit of something to do in each climatic area.

As soon as TES5 is available I shall be starting on moving the heightmap across and cataloguing what we need to procure for region generation. Meanwhile architecture can be developed and placed under TES4 to get an overall plan of what we have and need.
Morcroft Darkes
08-09-2011, 12:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Absolutely. There's honestly no way we're going to complete Elsweyr under TES4 - I'd like to get a nice, if limited, beta out and use it to showcase the project and prototype the development for TES5.

We will need to get a bit of something to do in each climatic area.

As soon as TES5 is available I shall be starting on moving the heightmap across and cataloguing what we need to procure for region generation. Meanwhile architecture can be developed and placed under TES4 to get an overall plan of what we have and need.

It seems like the most possible plan, so i vote for do that.
08-09-2011, 12:42 PM,

Do you have any time available for modding at the moment, Vintra?
Morcroft Darkes
08-09-2011, 12:57 PM,

That sounds like a sensible strategy to me. I'm unsure how much time I'll have available when TES5 come out, but I may be able to assist in some way (I certainly wouldn't mind taking a crack at some literature for you).

Although I think we should also try to find out if the Anequina people are planning their own mod for TES5. If they are, then I really think we should try to join forces if possible.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-09-2011, 01:38 PM,

I'm not sure whether the teams' styles would be compatible: Confederacy has been heavily Lore-driven and constructed the region as a whole, DoA seems to have taken a less rigorous approach and really been mainly driven by one person. We'd have to see.

Hope you do have time for us!
Morcroft Darkes