Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Known Incompatibilities
04-05-2010, 02:56 PM,

If the land is disappearing, that usually means that something else is overriding it. So you should set Black Marsh to load AFTER the CM Partners mod, so that BM overrides whatever is causing the bug. Let me know if it works.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
04-05-2010, 05:39 PM,

This bug occures every time when you load a different esm with the BM esm.
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM,

Yes, as a general rule, you can't use two esms together. Unless it's an official patch, it's highly inadvisable, no matter what esms they are. Also, if there is any connection between the vanilla worldspace and the BM one then it can send things screwy in a big way. When I joined, you had these stupid portal gates between the two WS's that screwed up the height map and landed you in water with floating trees around. Not good.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
04-05-2010, 06:26 PM,

Quote:Yes, as a general rule, you can't use two esms together.
not sure where you're getting this, but you most certainly can. otherwise thousands of people would be screwed. most people use at least one esm'd mod, if not more.

my guess is that the issue is some sort of form ID conflict -- only reason *everything* would malfunction. load BM last and see if it improves. you can also check for conflicts using gecko or tes4edit, both should pinpoint what exactly is wrong.

CM Partners seems to be rather conflict prone in general (judging by BSF threads), so check its readme for specific instructions and make sure you have the latest version.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
04-05-2010, 09:55 PM,

Then what shall we do if we decide to put several provinces together in-game?
04-05-2010, 10:21 PM,

I suppose we would have to make a merged esm which incorporates multiple provinces, probably an OMOD version.

04-05-2010, 11:05 PM,

I just like to keep things as separate as possible. It makes things less cluttered....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
04-06-2010, 10:49 AM,

Why would you be wanting to merge multiple provinces?, I thought BM was a standalone mod?

Well it does not matter if they're kept seperate, generally you can use multiple ESMs together, even if they both have landmasses. Most issues that come up with these can be fixed by adjusting your load order.

Anyway, if BM works perfect without CM Partners, then it must be an issue with it. I would do as Lady N suggested and take a look at it with TES4 Edit to see what the issues are.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-06-2010, 03:54 PM,

Guys, it's fine now, thanks to Deeza's comments.

You pinpointed the problem quite precisely. I used OBMM and it occured that CMPartners.esm file was at the top of the queue, before Oblivion.esm and BM.esm files. I moved it one step down and I got the ground texture, but still no buildings. I moved it two steps down and all of a sudden everything works like a charm! :goodjob:

In other words my queue looks like this now:
v Oblivion.esm
v BM.esm
v CMPartners.esm
v all the .esp mods

Deeza, so it seems the order needed to be the other way round, actually.

As for the record, perhaps consider including some sort a comment in the readme file to watch for the mods orders, especially .esm files.

I wish to thank everyone here for their input.
04-06-2010, 04:48 PM,

Excellent. Problem solved.