Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contributions, models, story.. dunno
04-05-2010, 02:41 PM,
Contributions, models, story.. dunno
Hello.

Not sure if this is a good place to make my post. After talking to Deeza, he got me interested in High Rock project. So, if memory serves me correctly, it's this land west of Hammerfell, on the North.

For now, please consider me initially interested, although I usually would be very careful, since sometimes my input tends to be erratic. So I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or disappoint you.

In general, if you would be willing to share some of the light of the storyline and the general concept of the project with me, I could help. But I do not wish to disrupt your project. Look how Ibsen is sensitive... I respect that.

So I can help with modding, models, story elements... well, pretty much everything you want. Smile The only exception is I don't do voice acting well and I'm not a great music guy. Oh, and I'm not an Oblivion pro, so some of the tools, which are used for Oblivion only, I'd need at least some explanation, but nothing's impossible, right?
04-05-2010, 02:55 PM,

Thanks for the offer, jb3. I'll get back to you when I have thought of something more specific.

Regards,

Deeza
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
04-05-2010, 03:27 PM,

Thanks. I'm trying to open the map.
04-05-2010, 03:37 PM,

It needs photoshop or an equivalent program like GIMP.

05-20-2010, 06:44 PM,

Hey Deeza, I've posted a claim on Black Marsh, so hopefully they can keep me busy over there until you have need for me here Big Grin

I thought of an idea, that I think would work nicely within the High Rock, unless you feel it goes against Daggerfall lore(or it already exists somewhere). But how about having a city inspired by Venice? ie. a series of canals running through the streets. Either a couple of 'main street' canals, or even more, with some kind of waterway down every street. This opens up options for all kinds of hidden entrances, and would be especially cool if we could modify one of the sailboat mods, to look a bit more gondola. What do you think?

Also, I take it that this project doesn't include Hammerfell, in which case; will it all be in the same Tamriel worldspace? ie. will one be able to walk to it from Cyrodil?
05-20-2010, 07:08 PM,

Funny you should say that, we already have 2 cities that are partially based on Venice! One, called Wayrest, is made from a tileset that used Venetian architecture as inspiration, though it has no canals. Farrun, which is a city up in the far north, does have canals, so it's kind of like a Nordic Venice.

In answer to your second question, the worldspace includes Hammerfell and Skyrim but they will not be playable. There will be an invisible barrier that stops you going there, like in vanilla OB. We are using a new worldspace for High Rock, which has its own heightmap distinct from the Cyrodiil one. It makes things much easier.

05-20-2010, 08:27 PM,

I look forward to seeing (& hopefully contributing to) these Tamrielic Venices!

In terms of the world spaces; Does this mean that even with borders turned off, you wont be able to walk or sail to High Rock, and is this the same for Black Marsh? Also, if anyone else makes a Hammerfell or Skyrim mod, would there be a way to integrate them?
05-20-2010, 08:36 PM,

Well, if you can show us you can be trusted with such a large claim, Farrun will be available as a claim once the architecture for it has been made...

As for the world spaces, you are correct. In any case, High Rock does not have a border with Cyrodiil, so if we were to do that you would have to walk through Skryim to get there. For Black Marsh, there will be a script that automatically teleports you when you hit the barrier in either worldspace, so that the transition works as seamlessly as possible.