Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Construction and Updated Construction Set
05-14-2010, 08:06 PM,
Old Construction and Updated Construction Set
Hey guys, I've run into a few problems here, and I guess I'm just really confused. Confusedhrug:

If I want to generate LIP files, I need the older CS version. But the older CS version only supports the older unpatched version of Oblivion, and I only have GOTY. Well anyways, I found a workaround using this mod.

So using this method, I don't need to load up the Oblivion.esm, so right now, I am actually able to generate LIP files.

But besides just generating LIP files, I want to mod as well, which means I need the newer CS. So when I try to install that, it wants to uninstall the old one. I went into my Oblivion directory and cut and pasted my old CS .exe onto my desktop, but somehow, the newer CS still wants to uninstall it. I guess somehow, it still sees it?

Long story short, is it possible to have both CS's, one for LIP file generating, the other for modding? And if it is possible, how do I do it?

Thanks a bunch guys! :goodjob:
- robertneville777
05-15-2010, 11:32 AM,
RE: Old Construction and Updated Construction Set
Quote:Originally posted by robertneville777

Long story short, is it possible to have both CS's, one for LIP file generating, the other for modding? And if it is possible, how do I do it?

Thanks a bunch guys! :goodjob:
Sure, just rename the TESConstructionSet.exe to e.g. TESConstructionSetOld.exe and install the other version.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-16-2010, 06:41 AM,
RE: Old Construction and Updated Construction Set
Sandor, what can I say...you are the man! :goodjob:

Got both working, thanks Sandor!
- robertneville777