Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion trees are all the same
06-18-2010, 09:40 PM,
Oblivion trees are all the same
It didn't really occur to me until I started making my own speedtrees but every tree of each type is the same. The game engine is supposed to use the speedtree seed values from the cs to randomise the trees you see but it doesn't seem to work. I assumed I'd messed up my .ini file somewhere along the line so I've just done a full re-install, but no change.

Anybody come across this? Any ideas?
Morcroft Darkes
06-18-2010, 09:55 PM,

Wish I could help. But I do not do modeling. Your topic does sound interesting though.
06-18-2010, 10:26 PM,

Thing is, it's not a modelling problem. When I say all trees look the same, I really mean all trees - not just the ones I've modelled!
When you're in the game, for instance - do all the swamp cypresses look alike? All the oak trees? They're not supposed to but they do in my game.

The big buzz when Oblivion came out was that the trees all look different - but they don't.

Confusingly not all trees have multiple seeds defined, but I can't see any difference for the ones that do.
Morcroft Darkes
06-18-2010, 11:33 PM,

Quote:When you're in the game, for instance - do all the swamp cypresses look alike? All the oak trees?

Yes, I supose particular trees all look alike. But I guess I never really noticed while ingame. As to the why, I will leave that up to you Smile