Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exporting help
06-29-2010, 06:49 PM,

Hey Wulfharth! Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been busy the last few days. Smile

I'm glad to hear you've figured out the transparency/glow map issue... that sounds interesting and I'm sure that could be applied to other objects... maybe magical crystals for instance. :yes:

I'm also glad that you're interested in helping out, we need all the help we can get! =) As for models that we need, I can only think of a handful of things off the top of my head. I'd need to look at what we have currently, and see what kinds of models we're missing. Particularly things that would have been available in TES3.

I agree with sandor that we don't have many Imperial objects for interiors. In fact, it's only now that we have a Common tileset that will be used for Imperial locations. It would be great if we could get more clutter for these interiors.

I think it would be great if we could have a crate that resembles the ones from TES3 a bit better... like in the screenshot below.

One thing that has been sticking out (sandor correct me if I'm wrong) is that we don't have many plates... Like we have spoons, knives, forks, bowls, pitchers, carafes, trays, cups, goblets, cloths, baskets, buckets, rolling pins, etc... but we seem to have plates for only redware and glass tablesets (so nothing for lower class). Usually I've just made do with our own bowls, but it would be really nice to have a variety of simple Dunmer plates and other Common (Imperial/Non-Dunmer) plates.
06-30-2010, 02:40 AM,

I'm on it. Thank you for such precise direction. I'll use polycounts similar to the Oblivion equivalents and whip up the UVWs and quickie textures.

I'll get something up as soon as I can.
07-01-2010, 01:49 AM,

where can I find texture path protocals? I'd imagine it's a pain to re-route the texture dependencies of every model submitted. Anyway, if someone can point me in the direction of that info, I'd be able to do it for you. Also, how do I post pictures that actually show up in my posts?

Until I find that out you're just going to have to click on these links:

Morrowind-style crate

ornate plates

Let me know what you think.
07-01-2010, 06:30 AM,

Please use the following paths:

meshes\st\clutter\imperial\ornate plates
meshes\st\container\imperial

textures\st\clutter\ornate plates
textures\st\container\

If you add these new objects to an esp, could you claim a modding ID?
Every object starts with StXX (XX = your ID).

TIA.

Nice work! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-01-2010, 12:13 PM,

Very nice work Wulfharth Smile

Thank you for your interest in contributing.

Have a great day
Zurke
07-01-2010, 04:40 PM,

I love your crate and plates! :goodjob:

There are two ways to get images to show up in your posts:
1) There is an "Attachments" button below the area where you type in text. Smile Just click on that and upload images (they're displayed as thumbnails until you click them, like in my post above)
2) Use the [Img] tag. Smile It should surround the URL of your image, like {img}<imageURL>{/img}

EDIT: Here, I've found a link to silgrad's BB tags and codes.
07-04-2010, 12:14 AM,

So... I got both maps to show up, but it's glitchy. The glow on the blade flickers on and off. It will not glow outdoors, and for some reason, if you kill will-o-wisps with it, it takes on their puke-green glow map. Very strange.
I'll mess with it some more and see if it's something I did wrong.

I'm talking about this sword, not the clutter.
07-04-2010, 07:46 PM,

Hm, I wonder if there are any Oblivion models that glow but don't use _g textures? Not that I can think of any myself (I still haven't unpacked my Oblivion BSA's after my Windows 7 fresh install), but it might be worth investigating/googling.
08-19-2010, 01:36 PM,

FYI

The Vocifer sword has been merged to the esm.
The assets will be available when I post the next update.

Nice work. :goodjob:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-09-2011, 02:21 AM,

I am glad to hear that you've figured out transparency / light map of the problem ... it sounds interesting, I'm sure, can be applied to other objects ... such as maybe the magic crystals....
:bananarock:Buy RS Gold,Runescape Gold,Rift Gold :banana: