Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status?
07-10-2010, 06:16 PM,

Well, as far as I know, we left off at debugging the 3/4 done mainquest. I'm going to look at the files I have on my computer and check the progress. Can't remember all too much, but I'll get back into it.
Well, if you WANT to help, I'd be glad to hear that. Deeza's on vacation you say? I read in a thread he'll be coming back next week? He's still windsurfer's kinda substitute, right? Well, that's good he's not gone! Who else is still around? I read some new names and some of the old ones, some others I'm missing. Can you give me a quick overlook about the active members? Doesn't need to be precise, just a quick list. We still need a lot of things to get done, sound, atmosphere, books, clutter... But the main quest has priority.

Which brings me to my next topic. You can do interior, right? I might need your help at some point for random places (caves, huts, etc...). I'd be glad to hear somebody's up for that challenge. And last but not least,

i wanted to suggest a restructuring of the forum (You know, structurized claim threads, etc...). We can either build a new one (I'm sure someone will be able to do that, the bulletin boards are easy to set up) or ask the Silgrad Mods to do it for us, but this mod became a little messy through the whole "throwing around everything everywhere", if you get what I mean. That's not a very needy task, but I think it'd help us to get this thing done faster. So, if anybody's up for that, I think it won't take much longer than 20 - 40 minutes.

Cheers,
the doc!

Edit: Oh, and thanks for your concern about my health. I'm all good now, they checked me through multiple times now and I feel like an alive person again Tongue No need for get-well-cards anymore Wink
Deeza:
Quote:Easy - you make it from meat! Cool

I. Main-Quest-Progress:
:check: 55%

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
:check: 15%
07-10-2010, 06:57 PM,

Well, I'm mostly modelling at the moment, but I came to modding from doing CS work in Morrowind, so I know my way around placing objects. I'm not too familiar with the technical stuff around NPCs - dialog AI etc. but I may be able to help elsewhere. I must warn that I keep overcommitting myself on modelling so I'm being careful about what I take on.

I'm not sure who's active but I noticed alineduard and catlemur both jumped in when it looked like there was something to be done, so perhaps they'd be up for it as well.

I'd got the impression most of the remaining work was quest-related: I guessed dialog and scripts. If this is going to need a wider range of skills then I think you're absolutely right: if we can add some more structure so you can issue claims to be worked on by other people then there's a good chance the help will come..

Have you looked at Deeza's and TOYB's High Rock board on the Silgrad site? Deeza did an amazing job getting that organised, so if you can work out a starter list of what you're going to need then I'm sure he'd be able to advise on and implement a good strcture when he gets back - Sorry Deeza for volunteering you for more work: you should just stop being o brilliant!
Morcroft Darkes
07-10-2010, 07:10 PM,

1.) I just played the Questline in the retrived files. Works like a charm, didn't find one single bug. Oblivion is very hardware related though, I'm sure there will come enough of them. But luck is unfortunatelly not on our side. We've been almost at the end, well .. say 80%. The retrived data stops at the Quest "Sammanul's Progress", which is somewhere around 40 and 50%. There WILL be work to be done. Some cavesites need to be rebuilt and a lot of dialogue, NPC creation and scripting will need to be redone. That's sad, I was very happy with the way it was, but on the other side, it gives us the chance to do it even better this time. I say we take it as an opportunity!

2.) About the claim thing, as I mentioned above, the ayleid ruins and caves will need to be rebuilt and cluttered, along with some random caves and huts. I'm only talking about the graphical issue. The creation of NPC is rather fast and can be done by me. I'd even welcome that, for the gamebryo engine manages the dialogue in the game by, well, you could call it tags. I had to adapt like 50 lines of dialogue at some point in time, because another author's tag and mine bit themselves and it all ended in a very confusing dialogue battle ingame. That's actually why I'd prefer to do it alone. The other option would be the use of a global tag in front and managed tagnames for every author. We'll see to that. Waypoints can be done by me too, even though it's not too hard either. It's just, I don't want to rush cluttering a hut or a site in the game only because I have so much work on my mind, only to leave it with an unpolished look. So I'd be glad for some help with it.

3.) Well, a general mainframe for the forum could be the News section for everything that concerns the whole mod, the Claim section for claim-threads, the Quest section for NPC, Quest, Dialogue. The atmosphere section for sounds, graphical polishing, etc and the bug report section. Of course, the best structure will be useless if we keep distributing our problems over more threads, so we should also keep an eye on our posting habbits. I know, I'm probably the worst of you all Big Grin

Cheers,
the Doc
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
07-10-2010, 11:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by drmccoy
1.) I just played the Questline in the retrived files. Works like a charm, didn't find one single bug. Oblivion is very hardware related though, I'm sure there will come enough of them. But luck is unfortunatelly not on our side. We've been almost at the end, well .. say 80%. The retrived data stops at the Quest "Sammanul's Progress", which is somewhere around 40 and 50%. There WILL be work to be done. Some cavesites need to be rebuilt and a lot of dialogue, NPC creation and scripting will need to be redone. That's sad, I was very happy with the way it was, but on the other side, it gives us the chance to do it even better this time. I say we take it as an opportunity!

2.) About the claim thing, as I mentioned above, the ayleid ruins and caves will need to be rebuilt and cluttered, along with some random caves and huts. I'm only talking about the graphical issue. The creation of NPC is rather fast and can be done by me. I'd even welcome that, for the gamebryo engine manages the dialogue in the game by, well, you could call it tags. I had to adapt like 50 lines of dialogue at some point in time, because another author's tag and mine bit themselves and it all ended in a very confusing dialogue battle ingame. That's actually why I'd prefer to do it alone. The other option would be the use of a global tag in front and managed tagnames for every author. We'll see to that. Waypoints can be done by me too, even though it's not too hard either. It's just, I don't want to rush cluttering a hut or a site in the game only because I have so much work on my mind, only to leave it with an unpolished look. So I'd be glad for some help with it.

3.) Well, a general mainframe for the forum could be the News section for everything that concerns the whole mod, the Claim section for claim-threads, the Quest section for NPC, Quest, Dialogue. The atmosphere section for sounds, graphical polishing, etc and the bug report section. Of course, the best structure will be useless if we keep distributing our problems over more threads, so we should also keep an eye on our posting habbits. I know, I'm probably the worst of you all Big Grin

Cheers,
the Doc

PM Sandor and ask him to make you a Valenwood moderator/leader, and get him to do the board changes you need, so Deeza being on holiday doesn't hold everything up.
If you concentrate on doing the quest/dialogue work, I'm sure someone (most likely Deeza) will come along and do the interior work needed.
07-11-2010, 09:08 AM,

@drmccoy

It's good to see you're back. Smile

You're are already a forum moderator, I could add you to the internal discussion board (Officers Lounge) for mod leaders if required.

I replied to your PM.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-11-2010, 10:55 PM,

Thank you Sandor, I contacted you again about the structuring. Now, does anyone remember if there was an extended version of the story? I know about the two posts in the Deeza's Plan for the Abecian Isles Thread, but it lacks of dialogue and logs and I don't really remember writing them mostly by myself? Did I, or am I simply overseeing the extended version here?
I'm making progress again, we're slowly advancing. And once Deeza's back, I'm sure we can get started again Smile
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
07-12-2010, 03:32 PM,

I'll reply to your PM's asap.

Tomorrow I am going to add the new boards. :check:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM,

An update please?

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-13-2010, 12:48 PM,

Hi Sandor

Dr McCoy is, I believe, on an extended trip to Sweden - maybe somone can update us on his likely return date. He is currently in charge of finalising the quests.

I think I'm possibly most active at the moment. In consultation with Deeza I have just reworked the edges of the heightmap to make a more credible transition to the default "deep sea" and am working around the coastline sculpting the seabed and adding corals.

I have the most up-to-date ESM if anyone needs it.
Morcroft Darkes
09-13-2010, 01:54 PM,

It would be a good idea to post it here as a backup. I have recently been ill and I am moving house at the moment so have little modding time, but will be back in action soon enough.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!