Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The terrible old man (Open)
06-23-2010, 08:06 PM,

I edited your post a little...the lack of spaces after full-stops was driving me a little nutty.

I think this should be a Shadowscales quest for reasons which I shall explain...

This version is much better but some points need clarifying before it's full strength. One is the Bhuru magic variety itself that the old man is using. For example, through the use of the 'gagroot' herb and 'root gall', it might prove possible to 'ghostwalk' through the spirits of the marsh and thereby uncover secrets swallowed by this ancient land. One drawback might be that it attracts the undead in the real world, causing great risks to nearby towns.

This terrible old man's hunger for knowledge might lead him inadvertently towards Bhuru magic without realising it. I think that if two conditions are met then this quest might be activated: a) that you have already met Anaster Marrowmir and b) that you have found the corpse of a body with strange mushroom or root protuberances from its flesh.

Anaster will inform you of the link with Bhuru magic and will help to identify the culprit. When you find him, the old man has already gained the protection of the Trillium Magnata who would logically show disrespect for marsh traditions. They would represent the most likely 'disciples' as you mention them and their own motivation might lie in aiming to find the 'Achilles Heel' of the Argonians through the old man's methods.

The 'hostage' (the next potential victim of the old man's methods) might inform you that the old man learned what he did from a local shaman. When you visit the shaman, he might be unwilling to speak about Bhuru magic to an outsider especially as he would not like to be seen to be involved in the matter. He may suggest, however, that you speak with the Shadowscales about this as the Shadowscales partly protect Argonian interests.

Through the shaman's word, you might gain audience with the Shadowscales who may issue you the task of killing him and suggesting a likely lair. It should prove possible to script it so that the 'old man' is of the exact same race as the PC. This, combined with what turns out to be good intentions (he may have been doing this in order to find a lost nomadic cult that he was once a part of and who bore their treasured relics with them into the marshes and were never seen again) will constitute the 'blood price' that the Shadowscales require in order to assure them of your loyalty.

In carrying out these orders, you might gain some respect amongst the Shadowscales and begin to work with them.

...out of little acorns, great oaks do grow! =)

P.S. I'd prefer to set this quest in someplace like Chasepoint instead. RockGuard is very small and is already connected with a small quest that drmccoy set up.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
The terrible old man (Open) - by Catlemur - 06-23-2010, 08:56 AM
[No subject] - by morcroft - 06-23-2010, 09:33 AM
[No subject] - by Catlemur - 06-23-2010, 09:51 AM
[No subject] - by Xae - 06-23-2010, 11:04 AM
[No subject] - by Ibsen's Ghost - 06-23-2010, 05:45 PM
[No subject] - by Catlemur - 06-23-2010, 07:07 PM
[No subject] - by Ibsen's Ghost - 06-23-2010, 08:06 PM
[No subject] - by Catlemur - 06-24-2010, 07:36 PM
[No subject] - by Ibsen's Ghost - 06-24-2010, 09:19 PM